Just Til It's Safe.

Start from the beginning

“Don't worry about it,” I announced, they jumped when I said that. “It happens all the time. All that'll happen is a few broken dishes and maybe a broken picture frame. It's nothing I can't handle.” The boys stared at me confused. I just shrugged and sat down on the soft couch with a thud.

“This goes on often?” Zak questioned. I nodded, not saying anything. “Can we do a spirit-box session?” Zak asked. I sighed.

“Ask the ghosts. I don't want them pissed off at me because you were trying to connect with them and I said you could.” I replied. Zak was almost stunned at that answer, and took out the spirit-box anyways. I watched as he turned it on, and stared asking questions.

“Can I talk to you?” Zak's voice asked loudly, walking around the living room and talking over the static of the box, “I don't want to hurt you, I ju-”

“Leave!” The box hissed. “No!” I rose my eyebrows. I honestly kinda saw this coming – I mean, come on. These ghosts' didn't like being bothered, so I never bothered them. Zak is trying to bother them and he's going to start stirring something up. Zak rose his eyebrows, and refused to give up that easily.

“Can you tell me who this girl is?” Zak asked as he pointed to me with a long, tattood finger. We waited in silence for a few moments before the Spirit-Box spitted a few more words.

“Marilyn.” The box replied, Zak smiled broadly and half-smiled. “Mine. Leave.” I rolled my eyes. I knew Zak was pissing off the spirits, so it would be better if he would just quit. Zak stopped the spirit box, and began rolling on a Digital Recorder. I didn't really want them to do this, because I didn't want to make the spirits any more mad then they already were.

“I'm just gonna roll on this, just to see if we catch anything while we are reviewing.” Zak announced as he sat in on the coffee table. I nodded, understanding. He was just trying to help me, wasn't he? Zak began pulling out a Mac from his bag and sat it on the table. He put on a headset, and looked at me, “Do you want to watch the footage from Mr. Orrs room?” I swallowed my fear and nodded. Zak typed in a few things on the computer after Aaron plugged in one of the cameras, then he plugged in the other two. Zak pulled up 3 screens. We popped up on them, and Zak's voice exploded – informing the views where they were going. I didn't remember him saying that. He fast forwarded to when I was in Mr. Orrs room. In minutes, we got to the part where Zak left me alone, I heard my voice asking questions. The camera then died, and all you could hear was my screaming.

“Hey,” Nick announced behind me, talking to Aaron, “did the camera malfunction when we were in Mr. Orrs room?” Aaron looked over the camera.

“Yeah,” He replied, “It shut off. Maybe it was Mr. Orr taking the energy to manifest. Zak said he saw something when he came back after he brought you to your car -” I zoned out while Aaron rambled on. I felt something stroke my hair, and whispering in my ear saying, “stop

“Hey,” I announced, interrupting Nick Mid-sentence. They all looked at me, “I think it's time for you guys to go.” They looked at me funny, and didn't say anything. “or stop recording. Stop talking about this. The ghosts' don't like it. Just stop.” The boys stared at me confused for a minute. And shut off the spirit-box seconds later. They didn't say anything, just kept staring at me as if I was a lab experiment.

“Marilyn,” Zak announced, slowly maneuvering over to me and sitting down. It felt like everything was in slow motion. Slowly, I wasn't feeling like myself anymore. Everything went blurry, and I couldn't see. Zak's words were fuzzy. Suddenly, I got really angry, I stood up, and lashed out at the nearest person to me, Nick. He was holding a camera in his hand – I grabbed it from him, and threw it across the room. I then grabbed a hold of Nick, even though I was a good foot shorter than him. I pressed my fingers to his neck and threw him to the ground, and started choking him. I heard nothing from the boys around me, I remember Zak's arms around me – pulling me off from Nick – and the blurriness vanished and I could see.

Zak's arms had me barricaded against him. Nick was on the ground, on his knees coughing and sputtering, and Aaron was standing back shocked at the scene. I gasped, and tears formed in my eyes. “Oh my god.” I whispered, “That wasn't me. I'm so sorry, Nick. I didn't mea-”

“It's fine.” Nick coughed.

“I think something attached to you last night.” Zak announced, “I don't think your safe here by yourself.”

“I can take care of myself.” I began to argue.

“No.” Zak said, “Actually you can't. You can't take care of yourself if something attached to you, especially if it's something evil.” I shrugged, there was no point in arguing with him – because in retrospect, he was right. “If it's okay with you, I'd like to stay here with you tonight. Just to make sure your okay, and don't have anything attached to you. Alright?” I nodded, agreeing. Even though I didn't know Zak well, I had no choice but to trust him.

“okay.” I announced quietly. I looked at my watch, it was almost 11 o'clock, and I was starved.

“Alright, Nick and Aaron. You guys can go review the footage if you want, I'll stay here with Marilyn.” Zak said. The boys agreed, and I watched as they left. Zak shut the door and turned and looked at me with concern in his face.

Oh god. I was stuck with this man, for how long? Until he decides to leave. What to do with him!?