She opened the last container and noted the red tinted lip stain.

     "I was just wondering how you would look if your lips were red."

     She remembered his words so clearly and a chill ran down her spine. Did he actually want to see how her lips would be if they were rose red?

     She ran her fingers over her lips and nodded; alright, she would show him. She dipped one of her fingers into the tainted beeswax. She had to apply quite a bit on her pale and chapped lips for them to look smooth and rich red.

     She closed her eyes for a bit and opened then again, this was the first time that she had ever worn makeup and it was probably going to be the last time as well. It was worth a shot.

     Arturia ruffled her hair and folded the dress she had been wearing before. She fixed it a little and then walked out of the bathroom. She slowly walked up the hill as she looked down and bumped into Diarmuid, who had also been looking down.

     Her cheeks burned and she felt her heart in her throat, she stood stunned for a while and then decided that she needed to say something, "You should be paying more attention to you step."

     Diarmuid's eyes widened at her tone of voice and then he nodded, "Forgive me, milady."

     "Right," she huffed, "well get to it."

     He nodded again and stepped aside so that he could continue to carry the water that he had prepared for himself down the hill. Diarmuid bit his lower lip and tilted his head...he wondered if it was his fault that she was upset, maybe she really did not like him after all.

     Arturia continued up the hill, past the outhouse and silently entered the small house. She greeted Thomas before disappearing into the bedroom and sitting on the bed. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed, she never knew how to deal with situations like these.

     Diarmuid on the other hand, made sure to clean himself in a short time because, even if the water was warm, the night was getting colder and it was already too late for him to contemplate his life in the bath tub. Instead, he made his time in the bath as short as was possible. He cleaned his hair and only dried it with a cloth moderately before draining the tub and leaving the bathroom.

     He yawned and continued his way up hill while glancing up at the sky a couple of times. He was glad that it was much warmer now, it made him feel a little happier. As much as he loved winter, spring was always his favourite season.

     He entered the house and smiled at Thomas who was just cleaning up the kitchen before going to sleep. They greeted each other and then Diarmuid went to his room, opening the door and taking a deep breath.

     Arturia had her night gown on and she looked at him a little stunned. He noted that she had painted her lips and he gave a warm smile at the fact that she listened to his request. She really did look beautiful; red lips parted slightly, glassy green eyes, loose golden hair and a white nightgown clinging to her body and complementing her ivory skin.

     "Do the knights of Fianna knock?" Her light brown eyebrows were knitted and she had her arms crossed over her chest.

      Diarmuid blinked and gulped, "Oh, uh, um...forgive me," he bowed his head, "but you are dressed."

     "And what if I was not dressed?" She nagged and he stood straight.

     "Uh..." He dropped his head and looked down at his shoes as he fidgeted with the clothing in his hands.