XXI

"So, you are not coming with us to Logres?" Arturia had spotted Gilgamesh sitting by the horses

     Gilgamesh let out a chuckle and stood from the small bench—of course he was not seated on the floor for he was too posh for that, "Yes, unfortunately a prince cannot do what he wishes when his life is on the line."

     Arturia shot him a look, something between understanding and indifference, "Correct, you are," she mumbled as she walked over to her horse, "although, the more people there are on the journey, the better it is."

     Gilgamesh's smirk dropped and he took a deep breath, "You have my deepest regards," he had mumbled it.

     Arturia looked at him, her eyebrows furrowed as she was a little confused, "Pardon me?" She murmured and looked away a little bit as she fixed the horse's saddle.

     Gilgamesh sighed and walked over to her, "I do not ever show the feeling of empathy—neither do I ever feel it—so this is a rare occasion. You have my regards."

     She furrowed her brows and looked at him slowly, "Forgive me, Gilgamesh, but I haven't the slightest idea of what you are giving me your regards for."

     He walked towards her and wrapped her into a tight hug, "Do not make me repeat myself."

     Arturia was astonished and taken aback by being caged between his arms, "I am afraid I do not understand."

     He held her tightly, even a little possessively, in his arms; trying to be as comforting as was possible for him. But Arturia felt the certainty in his grip and she slowly nodded, "I heard the news of your father. I am very sorry."

     "I thank you for your concern, Gilgamesh, but I assure you that I am not feeling as sorrowful as you might think." She still tried to keep her straight face and silence. She tried her best to pull away from the man's embrace but his grip on her was secure and she was having trouble doing so, "Um...I believe it is time for you to let go of me," Arturia mumbled.

     "I am thinking of your position as King now and I do wish you all the best in your kingdom." Slowly and hesitantly, he pulled away and gave her a short smile, "God knows that I will soon be in the same position as you." His hands were firmly placed on her shoulders, holding her in place, "A country is hard to reign, but you must not carry the world upon your shoulders alone. Count on those around you, the ones that have demonstrated to be trustworthy. And even if you feel alone right now, you are not. There are people that are waiting for you to return and there are people, like Diarmuid, that really want you to return."

     Arturia looked at him, she had never heard him say something as meaningful and empathetic as he did. She slightly smiled, only lifting the corners on her lips as she looked up at him, "Thank you."