"What are you talking about? You're definitely considered one of our family members." Mrs. Louis asked.

"She's right!" Mr. Louis agreed,

"I still haven't given up on Kaitlin and Nick, okay!" She added. I looked at Nick he didn't seem pleased. "Hey Nick, are you still planning on living by yourself? Didn't you enjoy it enough? Maybe you should come back home." I knew in the back of my mind that this topic was going to be brought up.

"She's right, Nick." Luke added.

"Right? And then, Kaitlin and Nick can get married and we can become a real family!" I felt myself stiffen, I still can't imagine waking up next to Nick in the mornings.

"You're completely drunk, you had too much." He said.

"I'm not drunk. Riiiight Kaitlin." She protested. I let out a nervous laugh.

"I think that it's a bit early for marriage."

"Why are you saying that? When we got married, we were 19 years old just like you! It's not even that early." Nick was annoyed I could tell.

"Thank for the food, then. I'll be heading home." He said standing up, he started to walk. That's right, to Nick my existence is just a nuisance.

"Nick, wait a moment. I have something to tell you. Can you come to my study? Please." His father said standing up, Nick followed him. "Can you come too dear? This is something I want you to here." Mr. Louis said. Soon Luke, My father and I were left inside the living room, I wonder what they talked about.

In Nick's POV

I sat down and so did my parents.

"What is it?" I said.

"Nick, what are your thoughts about your future? I want you to tell me what you are really thinking. I'm sure you already know this, I've been thinking seriously about your role at the company. After you graduate, I think it'd be ether for you to enter." He said.

"I'm fond of that idea." My ma said.

"You're still just a sophomore, but there's no such thing as preparing too early for work. So for example, by using the long holidays like summer vacation. I'm thinking that you could learn about the company, I also want to hear your opinion about the company's management. What do you think, Nick." My dad said.

"I can't decide whether I will take over your company right now or not. I need more time to think about it." I said.

"You've had enough time to think about it, dads company and Kaitlin." Ma said.

"Let's not talk about Kaitlin right now." Dad responded. I crossed my arms and looked away.

"No. This is also important for his future," she said to him. "I didn't choose Kaitlin randomly for you to be with. If you take over your father's company, I think Kaitlin would be your ideal wife." Ma added.

"It requires a tremendous amount of work to manage a company. You definitely need your families support.. You need someone who would care about you... Would support you... And should be loved by the people around you. You shouldn't just marry someone because you love her. In that case I also think Kaitlin is your ideal wife. But the most important thing here is how you feel. Tell me what's going through your mind. What do you think Nick?" He said.

"What do I think? You and ma are just doing the things you want. It looks like you've been making my decisions and planning out every detail of my life from the very beginning. That's dirty." I added.

"D-dirty. Nick! Just what are you saying to your father? He's doing it out of concern." Ma said.

"He's not concerned about me, he's concerned about himself!" I said angrily.

"How could you.." She said.

"You're the same! Going on and on about Kaitlin without thinking about my feelings!" I yelled.

"That... I explained it to you earlier." She protested. "There is a reason why I said she's good for you."

"That's enough! Not only my job, but I can't even choose whom I love. That's why I left." I stood up and made myself to the door. "This prison of a house!" Ma stood up and slapped me. I couldn't feel pain, I had adrenaline running through my veins like blood. My dad was holding my mom back I swung the door open, there was Kaitlin eavesdropping.

"I'm sorry. I was just..." I didn't let her continue I went down the stairs.

IN Kaitlin's POV

"What's wrong with Nick?" Luke asked.

"No-nothing, h-his coat! He forgot his coat I'll take it to him." I said grabbing the jacket off the hanger and running outside. "Nick! You left your coat!" I yelled catching up to him.

"Oh." He said grabbing the coat, he continued to walk.

"Nick the train station isn't that way." I said to his back.

"I'm just taking a walk." He added. I looked back at the house and back at Nick, I ended up following him.

Author's Note
More Nick, for our 65th anniversary!! Happy Reading, I'm going to work on the 66th chapter right now. ^.^