epilogue

Five Years Later
***

Carson smiled widely at his fiancé. It was five years from their Puerto Rico trip and they were still as happy together as they had been when they first started dating. They argued a bit but that was expectant. They were young and learning.

Ivy was holding their three month old baby. Alice Clifford had been nineteen inches and six and a half pounds when she had been born. She had been a bit small but the doctors swore she was healthy.

Carson loved the two girls in his life so much. Carson proposed the day after he found out Ivy was pregnant. It was a bit out of order but Carson had been planning for a long time but always chickened out. He knew that it had been the right moment though.

They had been a bit surprised when Ivy had gotten pregnant since they were so young but they were both still really happy. Ivy had just turned twenty three two months earlier when Alice was born.

"She keeps grabbing on to my finger," Ivy said, holding up her pointer finger and showing the tiny hand attached to it. Their daughter had recently learned that she could grab things for short amounts of times and would try to hold on to everything that she could find.

"We better get going. Mom and Dad's thirtieth anniversary party starts in about half an hour," Carson suggested, kind of scared to run into his family.

Not that there was anything wrong, just that Ashton still kind of wanted to strangle him for getting his only daughter pregnant. Ashton loved Alice of course. He just wished his daughter and soon to be son-in-law would have waited a bit.

"Yeah, let me just change my shoes. Alice got a bit of spit up on the heels in wearing now. I think she was trying to communicate that I wouldn't be comfortable in them and I completely agree," Ivy said, unraveling her daughter's fingers from her pointer finger and handing her over to Carson.

"Us true Clifford's have to look out for our initiated Clifford's," Carson commented.

***
Carson slowly handed over his baby to his mom. They had barely made it into the door before his mom was begging to hold Alice. Sophie would watch Alice occasionally and she had utterly fallen in love.

"Happy anniversary Mom," Carson said, kissing his mom on the cheek.

Sophie led the small family into the living room where everyone else was and they said their hello's. Carson sat on the floor with Ivy since there were no more seats. The new parents nervously watched as Alice was passed around the family members. All of them cooing over the cute little baby.

"Do you think she looks more like Ivy or or Carson?" Calum asked, holding up the baby gently and motioning towards the two young parents.

"She has Carson's nose but Ivy's eyes and lips. She definitely looks more like Ivy right now but that might change when she gets older," Luke said. He was sitting next to Calum and was the next person to hold the baby. Alice squealed happily as if she knew the group was talking about her. Luke handed Alice off to Mack and Mack lifted the girl up to his face

"Yes baby. It is good that you look more like your mom. Your Dad's not as cute as her," Mack cooed at the baby. Alice reached up and tried to pull at Mack's face. She managed to grab at his stubble and scratched his face.

"Ow, that hurt. Take the baby," Mack said, handing Alice off to the Jett.

"That's my girl! Way to defend Dad," Carson cooed at his daughter from across the room.

Alice shifted in Jett's hands and saw Carson and Ivy sitting across from her. She started to cry. It had happened occasionally that if Alice saw her parents to far away or if she saw them leave that she'd start crying. It was apart of being a baby though so Carson and Ivy didn't mind. They found it quite cute that their daughter would be upset if she wasn't with them because that would all change in thirteen years.