six

Hi. I'm back from California and I finally will be so much more free until July. I'm excited for all the stories I'll be finishing and starting and I'm excited to be updating again. I missed it. Here's the update. Xx

***

Monday

***

Carson helped Ivy up onto the rock, their heavy combat boots making loud noises onto the boulder underneath them. The other kids were following them as they made their trek up to a waterfall located in El Yunque. Carson found the thick boots uncomfortable in the heat of the rainforest but it would've been impossible to go hiking in normal tennis shoes.

"Why is it taking so long? Shouldn't we have gotten there a few boulders ago?" Ivy asked, looking at the map in her hands. She wasn't truly sure if she was following the directions correctly but even then she didn't care; it was fun to explore and they were bound to find something just as interesting as their original destination.

"I think we have one more and we'll be there," Carson responded. They waited for their friends to catch up and they all ascended the final giant rock. They could finally hear the running water and the kids were content.

Carson helped Ivy up for the final time and they were met with their own miniature waterfall. The water lead into a pond of salt water that was enough for them to go swimming in. No one was in the area that they had arrived at and they were greeted with their own peace.

"Are you ready to swim?" Carson asked and Ivy's response was her nodding her head.

The group took off their thick boots, and any extra clothing they had which left them in their swimsuits. Ivy set down the designated group backpack that had the towels and flip flops. Jett was the first in the water to see how deep it was and when she had only gone four feet forward and was completely submerged, the group knew the water was deep.

Ivy grabbed Carson's hand and they took off running and leaped into the water. The warm water surrounded them and it felt nice. The water may have been warm but it was cooler than the air around them. The pair swam to the surface and held on to each other while doing so. Ivy swam closer to Carson and wrapped her legs around her waist and her arms around his neck. Her fingers played with the hairs at the nape of Carson's neck and they were both just very content in being with each other.

Carson allowed Ivy to cling to him as he swam to the small waterfall that fell down into the corner of the pond. Ivy squealed as the water fell over the two of them, Carson floating underneath the stream of water.

Carson loved how Ivy was clinging to him. He placed his arms on her hips and rubbed softly at the exposed skin. He loved everything about his best friend. She giggled softly at the feeling of his soft hands.

"That tickles Catson," Ivy tutted, pushing at Carson's hand but he didn't budge. He squeezed at her hips and Ivy couldn't help but shriek with laughter.

"I love your laugh, Ivy my wivey," Carson said softly, he hadn't really meant to say it out loud but it kind of just slipped out. He loved his best friend so much it hurt him. She didn't love him back.

"Well, I love you Catson," Ivy said, sticking her tongue out at Carson before pushing off the dark haired boy and attempting to swim away.

Carson quickly swam after her, chasing her around their friends and dodging in and out around the bodies. They cheered as the pair chased after each other. The Clifford siblings were cheering for Ivy while the Hemmings' and the Hood's kids were cheering for Carson. It became a competition, a playful one of course.