eight

Wednesday
***

"Carson, can we talk?" Ivy asked, she was already pulling Carson away from the group as they went towards another art piece.

"What is it?" Carson asked, not wanting to get lost and pulled away from the group again.

"I'm sorry."

"You've said that already," Carson said, he nervously folded his arms in front of him and leaned against an empty wall. They were at an art museum about an hour away from their hotel and Carson was terrified of accidentally touching the paintings.

"I know I have. I probably don't deserve you forgiving me but I let you kiss me and then I completely ignored you after and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to," Ivy said, Carson could see that her eyes were sad.

"If you didn't mean it you would have stayed with me," Carson said.

"I was-am scared Carson," Ivy admitted.

"Why? I made it quite obvious that I liked you," Carson said, he sat down on one of the benches and Ivy followed.

"I'm scared Carson. We're best friends. I don't want something to go wrong if we were to date and we are no longer friends. You're the only person I trust with my life and I don't want to lose you," Ivy said, she reached her hand forward and placed it onto Carson's. Carson sighed, interlacing their fingers.

"I'd never purposefully hurt you Ives. I care about you so much and I'm terrified of the future too but it doesn't mean we can't try it. We can always be friends if this whole dating thing doesn't work out. It's not going to change anything. I just get to make out with you and maybe finger you sometimes," Carson said, shrugging his shoulders.

Ivy shoved Carson over once she heard the final sentence but she couldn't help but laugh. She should've known Carson would say something like that. He always did in the past and he wasn't going to change now.

"Okay. We can try this out."

"Does this mean we can kiss?" Carson asked. He waited for Ivy to shyly nod her head before he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers softly.

Ivy moved her hands so that the they were in Carson's hair and Carson's hands went to Ivy's waist. It was relaxing. Maybe because they were surrounded by the art about romance and love but they stood out the most.

Carson heard the sound of a camera go off, making him pull away from Ivy. He smiled widely when he saw his family and friends huddling around them, all smiling widely too.

"You know they say not to take a picture of the art," Carson said, pointing to Sophie who was the one that had her phone in her hands.

"You're in front of a white wall on a bench," Carson's mom answered, confused at what her son was getting at.

"I know. I was talking about Ivy."

***
Carson sighed, he was getting tired of all these family pictures. They were on their way to the dinner but Sophie had made them stop to take multiple pictures together first. They were now really late and rushing in the car.

Carson didn't get to see Ivy before she was taken to the car with her parents. Each family was going in separate cars and it seemed as if everyone had left an hour before the Clifford's.

"Ew Dad. Did you really use that caption?" Stevie asked, looking up from her phone and sticking her tongue out at her dad.

"What does it say?" Emma asked, looking over at her sister's phone.