seven

Tuesday
***

Carson watched as Ivy awkwardly walked into their shared room, she had spent the night in Bella and Emma's room. Which led Carson to stay up until 4 and overthink.

He ruined their friendship completely and it was confirmed when Ivy grabbed her clothes and changed without making any eye contact or saying any words.

Carson sighed, once Ivy had gone into the bathroom and went downstairs. He was already changed into his Metallica shirt and swim shorts. He had to keep his shirt on today. He was so burnt from the other times they had been out in the sun. He really did take after Michael.

Carson was met by Michael, Sophie, Ashton and Lina talking at the kitchen table. Of course his parents and his crushes parents would be talking together.

"We should get them..." Carson heard them whisper but he couldn't hear the rest. He was now terrified for what the rest of the day had in store with him.

***

Carson was stuck in the middle of a Puerto Rican bay in a canoe with Ivy. They had lost a paddle and the rest of the group was long gone. Carson was convinced they were going to die stranded on the boat.

"How'd we drift so far away..." Carson mumbled, playing with the water with his fingers.

"And then our family left us astray," Carson mumbled again, to the tune of his dad's old song Castaway, "I'm stuck in this boat like a castaway."

Carson was sure that his arms were bright red now, from not having been able to stop at their lunch break and reapply sunscreen. They didn't even get to the lunch stop. Carson was sure he was going to die.

Carson looked up when he heard Ivy giggle. He was confused at first but then realized it was over the song he had been singing. They made eye contact and Ivy immediately stopped her giggling.

Carson sighed, picking up a rock that was at the bottom of their canoe and threw it into the water, flicking his risk so that the rock would skid across the water gracefully.

Carson continued the process, completely taking out the five stones that was in the canoe, leaving him with nothing to do again. He started tapping his foot anxiously to a point where Ivy had to tell him to stop. He had been shaking the boat slightly. He didn't care though, she had actually talked to him.

They both didn't have their phones since they didn't want the technological device to get wet. They didn't have food. They didn't have water, they had finished that earlier. They didn't have air conditioning. Carson had never suffered so much.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you."

Carson looked up and saw Ivy reaching out to him. He scoffed slightly. She had so many chances to talk to him and now when they were stranded was when she decided to talk.

"Ok."

"C'mon Carson, don't be like that," Ivy sighed, she tugged at the ends of her hair. She didn't think Carson would act like this. He had the right to though. She basically kissed him and then avoided him for 24 hours.

"I'm allowed to be-" Carson started but was cut off by the sounds of shouts and screams coming in their direction.

"Carson! Ivy! Carson! Ivy!" the same voice yelled.

Carson turned around slowly in the canoe to see Michael, Ashton, and a worker paddling towards them. They looked distressed and Carson couldn't blame them. They had lost their children in the wilderness of a foreign island. They could've been eaten by alligators. (Even though there aren't alligators in Puerto Rico. Carson still worried.)

"There you two are. We were worried sick. Next time you guys run away to make out at least tell someone," Ashton scolded but at the end Carson could tell he was teasing.

Carson glared at the brunette, curly-haired man in front of him. They definitely did not make out and this had been the worst two hours of his life.

"I'm putting myself up for adoption as soon as we get back to the rental home," Carson grumbled, snatching the extra oar from his dad and started to paddle away. Dragging his end forward and eventually dragging Ivy in the back of the canoe with him.

***

There's four more chapters omg. This is just so cute I love it idk. I hope you guys like it as much as I do.

~malumwritings