nine

Thursday
***

Carson and Ivy were both in awe. They had spent the whole day trying to get Stevie and Charlie together and now they were at one of the multiple bioluminescent bays in Puerto Rico watching the two girls make out.

Carson should've been freaking out because his fifteen year old sister was making out with a seventeen year old friend of his but he thought it was cute. Well, to an extent. They weren't paying attention to the scenery and were more concerned on the other person in front of them.

Carson looked away from his sister and turned his attention back to Ivy.

"This is so beautiful. The water is glowing," Ivy said in awe.

"I'm so glad we waited to do something all day. This is spectacular," Carson said.

He brought his arms around his soon-to-be girlfriend and pressed his lips to her cheek.

"But again, it's not as beautiful as you."

"Carson, stop being a cheesy little shit," Ivy said but she was giggling so Carson knew she wasn't being serious.

"It's true. You're the prettiest thing here Ives."

Ivy turned around in Carson's grasp so she was facing him. Her arms moved to go around his neck and brought him down to her level.

"You're such a flirt," Ivy whispered, playing with her fingers behind Carson's neck.

"Only for you Ivy," Carson said. He closed the gap between Ivy and him and pressed his lips to hers.

They didn't know how much time had passed. They were in their own little world and Carson couldn't believe how happy he was.

"Stop making out with my daughter, Clifford. You may be my best friend's son but I'm not afraid to kick your ass," a voice said, bringing the two teenagers apart. Carson knew it was Ashton. Ashton was the only person who had threatened him seven times in the past hour.

"Stop being a dick, Dad," Ivy said, rolling her eyes at her father.

"I'll stop being a dick once he stops trying to poke you with his."

"I'm not tryi-" Carson stuttered but was cut off by the look Ashton gave him.

"I was once your age Carson. I know what goes through your mind. I should not have to hurt you Carson," Ashton said.

"I hope you don't," Carson squeaked.

"Dad, stop threatening my boyfriend," Ivy said, she moved so that she was in between Carson and Ashton.

"Boyfriend?" Ashton and Carson questioned at the same time.

Ivy's face went red once she realized what had slipped from her lips. She hadn't meant to say it. She had just been thinking it. Ivy had been trying to "defend" Carson, since she knew her dad was just trying to get a reaction out of him, and she just let the words fall out of her mouth.

"I was going to wait until we went back to the house to ask you but okay, I guess," Carson said awkwardly. He moved the one arm that was resting on Ivy's hip and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I guess I'm just going to leave you with your issues. I'll be walking back to my wife and try to convince her to not steal some of this bay water," Ashton said, ruffling Carson's hair and then walking away to Lina.

"I'm so sorry Carson. I didn't mean to say that. It just kind of happened. That's moving too fast. I understand if I freak-" Ivy started rambling but was cut off by Carson hugging her, pressing her face against his chest so that she would stop talking.

"It's okay. I'm just a bit upset I didn't 'ask' you first. I had a really cute speech planned out with flowers from the small shop near our house and wow."

"You know you can still give me the flowers," Ivy mumbled, her voice muffled from being pressed against Carson.

"You only want me for my money, I swear," Carson said.

"Maybe that's true but I have a dad that's a famous drummer that says otherwise," Ivy said, smiling at what Carson had said.

"Still doesn't prove anything. I think you want me for my money."

"It's not even your money. It's your parents."

"So?"

"It's not your money."

"I'm dumping you," Carson said.

"Okay, but make sure to leave me the flowers," Ivy responded.

"Might as well. I don't have any other beautiful, stunning, gorgeous girl to give them too," Carson said smoothly. He had to admit, he was proud of that line.

"You're such a dork," Ivy said snorting. She brought Carson back down to her again.

"But you still like me and choose to stay by my side," Carson said smiling.

"It's because your mum pays me to be your friend. She has been since the first grade. How else do you think I got all those plushies?" Ivy asked.

"I knew it. Is she paying you to date me too?" Carson answered Ivy's question but then asked another question.

"You're so cute," Ivy muttered. She pulled Carson to her and pressed her lips to his softly.

Carson couldn't believe how happy he was. This trip had brought him and Ivy even closer, if it was possible. They were officially together and he loved being able to finally hold her and being able to call her his. It was all surreal. This is what Carson had been dreaming about since possibly the third grade. He always thought Ivy was the prettiest girl around.

Carson moved so that he could press light kisses on Ivy's neck. They weren't sexual, more relaxing and more of a reassurance that he was there for her. He really had to thank Puerto Rico for finally letting him be with the girl of his dreams. Everything just finally connected together.

***

I put a picture of a bioluminescent bay in the media in case you didn't know what it was. They're really pretty and I love them. I'm planning out a new story right now and I realized that Carson and Ivy both have last names that start with the same letter as their first name. I kind of really love how sarcastic Carson and Ivy are. Idk. Only a chapter left and the epilogue. I'm excited to start more stories. I'm finishing one or two stories on my other account as well and then I'll start Roman Holiday and hopefully Exposed. They're both Calum but I'm so excited for them.

-malumwritings