four

Sunday
***

Carson had no idea on what time it was or why his body hurt so much or why it was so warm in the bed he was in. The group had gotten to their rental house around eleven the night before but Carson was still exhausted. He tried to pull his hand out from underneath him but stopped when he realized his arm wasn't underneath him. It was another person. He turned around to see who it was. It was Ivy.

He had completely forgotten that they were sharing a room, after a lot of pleading of course. Carson decided to stay where he was so he wouldn't disturb Ivy but he got impatient. Half an hour passed and she hadn't even shifted in her sleep.

"Ives, Ives, Ivy," Carson said softy, pushing at the girl sleeping next to him.

The girl moved sleepily and turned around so that she was facing the boy. She was exhausted but she knew Carson wouldn't leave her alone until she woke up.

"Hmmm, yeah baby?" Ivy asked groggily, not one hundred percent aware of the words leaving her mouth.

"Can you lift yourself up a bit? My hand feels numb as shit," Carson said sheepishly.

She nodded her head, only lifting her body long enough for Carson to move his hand before collapsing again.

"Do you know what we're doing today?" Ivy asked.

"I think we're going snorkeling but I'm not sure. Mum had Aunt Val make a schedule and it's posted in the kitchen but I haven't checked yet."

***

Carson was in fact correct because the pair were soon handed snorkeling masks and flotation vests.

He looked over at his whole family and their friends, watching them each place goggles on their faces. They had flippers as well, which Carson thought looked ridiculous. Everyone was ready. Except Stevie and Charlie surprisingly, they didn't like open water.

Carson grabbed Ivy's hand, once they were given the okay to go into the water, and went running towards the open seas. The water was surprisingly warm, both of them submerging themselves into the ocean around them. Ivy and Carson swam side by side, looking at all the amazing species of underwater creatures around them.  The pair spent hours pointing out different creatures to the other and it felt so nice to be in warm water.

Carson pointed out a pair of neon green fish swim past them and Ivy did the same with a few red fish. It was so different to what they had in Australia but so similar as well. Carson didn't think that he had ever seen something as pretty as the ocean near Puerto Rico.

Ivy tugged at Carson's hand and pulled him towards the shore again. Most of the families were still out in the water but Ivy just wanted to lie down for a second. There were a few people at the towels but not many compared to everyone in the ocean.

"Can we go sit out for a bit? I'm a bit winded," Ivy said, "I also want to apply sunscreen again."

"I should probably do that to. My face feels really burnt," Carson said.

The pair swam out to the shore again and walked to where they had set down their towels. Ivy flopped down on the sand first and Carson followed.

"Will you help me put on sunscreen on my back?" Ivy asked.

Carson nodded his head and was handed the tube of sunscreen. He squeezed some of the white lotion onto his hands and started applying it to the tanned skin of the girl next to him. He was honestly jealous. Carson burned so easily and Ivy had been out the same amount of time and was perfectly tanned already. Carson had been cursed with his dad's pales skin will she got her dad's tanned skin. He didn't think it was fair.

Carson thought Ivy had really soft skin and loved feeing it underneath his fingers. He continued rubbing in the sunblock until it was completely finished.

"All done," Carson said, he pressed a soft kiss to the warm skin of her shoulder before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her onto his lap.

"This was so much fun. Can we buy a giant fish tank when we get home? We can adopt a red fish together and name him Blue," Ivy rambled. Carson thought it was cute.

"Anything for you, babe," Carson said.

"Did you just?"

"Did I just what?"

"Did you just call me babe?" Ivy asked, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I always do," Carson said, a bit confused on why she was bringing it up at the moment.

"I know. I like it when you do," Ivy said smugly, not missing the way Carson's jaw dropped.

He really was screwed. Carson was practically in love with his best friend and she seemed to like to mess with the fact even if she didn't know. Why couldn't he just tell her how he felt?

***

Sorry this took so long. I had like 500 words done on Sunday and just started writing now oops. Anyways I hope y'all liked it and it should be getting more excited because they'll be going on more adventures and stuff. :-) thank you guys for 500k reads on Internet Friends omg

~malumwritings