CIV - Rite Of Nines

Start from the beginning

"Hayley-" Gia said, standing up and attempting at calming her down.

"Back off!" Hayley growled.

I expected Elijah to start screaming at the both of them, but he directed his frustration to Josephine.

"We came here to honor the alliance between us. If this is something you wish to rescind, so be it," Elijah stated coldly, then turned to leave with Hayley and Gia following after him.

"Don't you dare walk into my house and threaten me!" Josephine shouted. "I am not the one that needs you, Elijah Mikaelson! It is you who needs us, or you will soon enough." Josephine suddenly froze, then turned to find Hayley standing right behind her. She roughly grabbed Hayley's wrists, and I knew that expression. She had just had a premonition. "There's a storm coming, child. Your darkest demons ride upon it. I do not know its name, but when I peer into your future, there is a blackness that should terrify you," she whispered.

Hayley gulped nervously, alarmed by Josephine's words.

"We need to go," I said. They all nodded, walking out of the room, and I turned to face Josephine. "And, Ms. LaRue..." she looked at me with anger still sparking in her eyes. "If you are ever in need of anything, and you call for us... We will not come."

She swallowed, not seeming frightened, but more worried.

We turned and left, heading back to the compound to meet Marcel there.

*

"Great, so Eva is still in the wind, although now she has a sidekick," Hayley stated after Marcel told us everything that had happened.

"The charming Vincent Griffith," Elijah sighed.

"It gets worse. If EVa has Davina, then she has eight of the witches she needs to finish the ritual. She just needs one more," Marcel told us.

"If she comes after Hope," Hayley said in a warning voice. "Rebekah or no Rebekah, I will put her down for good."

"No, Hayley, you most certainly will not," I growled, causing her to narrow her eyes at me ever so slightly. "We will take care of Eva or Rebekah. If it makes you feel better, then lock yourself in your room with Hope and keep her safe. We will handle Eva."

"Fortify this house," Elijah said. "When they do come, kill him. Capture her."

"Capture?" Hayley asked angrily.

"I will not abandon my sister," Elijah said sternly, making Hayley seem a little taken aback. "Now gather what wolves you have. With Vincent by her side, she will strike with considerable force."

Elijah and I both left the room, and Elijah looked back at me with a concerned expression when he saw that I was somewhat confused.

"This isn't Vincent," I said. "Something's off. He doesn't seem the type for betrayal. He wouldn't risk the lives of children, I know he wouldn't."

"How do you know?" he asked.

"I just do... I have a good feeling about this, Elijah, and usually I'm right if I trust my gut."

He nodded once. "Yes... I truly hope that you are right, Roseia. I quite liked Vincent. Hopefully he informs us of his alternative plans, if he has any," he said, licking his lips. "Until then, we can only wait to either be attacked, or to recieve good news from him."

We didn't have to wait long.

Gia, Elijah, and I were all standing downstairs at the front entrance. Hayley came down the stairs to meet us, seeming relieved, but also annoyed.

"Still no sign of her. What the hell is Eva waiting for?" she asked.

"She didn't wait," Marcel said, walking over to us. "She took Josephine LaRue not half an hour ago."

That was why she wasn't here. She wasn't planning on coming for Hope at all.

"If Eva doesn't need Hope, then where would she go?"

"Same place she kept all the other captives, where she took Davina," Marcel said, frowning a little when he said her name.

"A place no one has been able to find for two years," Elijah's eyes narrowed in concentration.

Marcel's phone rang in his pocket, and he pulled it from his pocket. He looked down at the contact, sighing in annoyance before turning his back to us and answering it.

"When I find you, I am going to rip your head from your neck," he threatened.

"You might wanna hold off on that decapitation," Vincent said. "I found them all. Davina's alive," he panted, sounding like he had just fought someone. Perhaps he had. "Sorry, I had to make it look convincing! If you were in on the plan, Eva woulda known."

"Yeah, blasting me through a couple glass doors really sold it. Alright, round of applause. Now what?" Marcel asked, a little less annoyed now.

Vincent was silent for a second. "Tsk. Now we got a problem. These kids, they're all linked to her. If she dies, they all die."

"So we'll find a witch to unlink them," Marcel stated.

"We're gonna need somebody with some serious power," Vincent said.

Marcel turned his attention to me, and I swallowed as he hung up the phone.

"Can you do it?" Marcel asked.

"I can try..." I looked to Elijah. "But in all honesty, Freya would be a better bet."

"Why?" Gia asked. "I thought you were stronger than her."

"Yes, I could be, but... Think of it as a rechargeable battery. I've been using my power all my life, while Freya has been asleep for a thousand years. She's completely charged, while I'm not," I said. "I can still try it, though," I swallowed again, looking down at my feet.

"Rose, what might happen if you do this?" Hayley asked, narrowing her eyes at me suspiciously. I didn't say anything, and she figured it out on her own. "You could die, couldn't you?" I still didn't reply. "Alright, Freya it is, then."

"We need to find Freya and Klaus," Elijah said hurriedly. "Now."