28. You are my Star

Abigail Devon's POV....

Silence.

That was what filled the room after I told Jed and Selena about me and Eugene. It was the last class of the day and since I couldn't wait any longer so I called Jed and Selena at the canteen because I knew there wouldn't be any student present at this hour so I wouldn't have to worry about having any audiences.

It had been three days since New Year's party and I still hadn't told Jed about us. It's not like I was prolonging the time, I didn't get the correct opportunity. Like a good boyfriend Eugene didn't push me to tell him instead he supported me plus he said he was enjoying dating me behind their back but I know he wanted me to tell them sooner.

As I told Eugene I was finally telling Jed the truth, he argued to be with me as he said he didn't want to risk any chance of Jed manipulating my mind to not date him. I laughed but agreed nonetheless. Who know he could be of some help.

"You know this is the part where you are supposed to say something." I said timidly, looking up at Selena who was smiling from ear to ear and Jed who was sitting with an unexpressed face.

"I think that's.......great." Selena said after a long moment of silence. "I totally ship for you guys."

Eugene sighed. "Great. One down now one to go." He said flicking his gaze to Jed. "Are you going to say something or should we take that as a yes?"

Jed scoffed, tilted his head to the side and cleared his throat rather dramatically if you ask me. "You and Eugene are dating?" his face scrunched up at the word dating as if it burned his mouth. "No, I don't approve."

"Jed –" I started at the same time when Eugene spat, "What do you mean you don't approve?"

"What exactly do you think?" Jed hissed, shooting daggers at Eugene who was now returning his intense gaze.

"Listen, you prick, we are not asking for your blessings. I don't need your permission to date her and the only reason I am doing this because it's important for Abigail. And, if you think just because you don't approve I will stop dating her then let me make it very clear, you are absolutely wrong." Eugene sneered, their glare matching each other's as my eyes jumped from one guy to another like a tennis ball.

Jed blinked and looked at me. "Look at him, how can you date a guy like him?"

"Just like you can date Selena." Eugene spat before I could utter even a word.

"There's a great difference between you and me. I am not a player like you." Jed hissed stepping an inch closer so that they were now at eye to eye level.

"Guys, please." I chimed in. "You are not making it easy for me."

"I don't trust him, Abbie. He will break your heart." Jed argued.

"I won't." Eugene grounded and took a deep breath. "I know I don't have a clean history with girls but I will not break her heart."

"And, how am I supposed to trust you?" Jed countered.

"Jed," Selena stepped in looking a bit annoyed. "You are over reacting."

"Selena –"

"Listen to me. I have known Gene longer than you and I can tell it's different with Abigail. Trust me on this."

"Yea, Jed." I said stepping forward and tugged his hand. "I trust him and I wouldn't have come this far if I hadn't. You have always supported my decisions and I want you to support me in this as well. Please, for me just give him a chance. Please." I looked at him with pleaded eyes and gave him my most puppy dog face. He studied my face for few more moments before sighed loudly in frustration.