14. Tell me

Song of the chapter// Never let me go by Florence and the machines

Abigail Devon's POV...

Opening the door to my house, I quickly slumped down, sprawling on the floor with my clouded mind accompanied by an exhausted body. I had a day off so I didn't have to go to work today and I couldn't be more thankful. I can't imagine being at work with the mood I am in right now.

I got up and pushed myself so that I was now leaning against the sofa. Why didn't he tell me that he's in a relationship? This question had popped into my mind million times since the moment I left school.

Because, he is a playboy and didn't feel necessary to clue you in about his personal life as you are nothing to him except another human being. A tiny voice squeaked from behind my head making me groan rather loudly.

I put my hand over my chest where that strange pain I had while leaving school was still throbbing. "Why is it hurting this much?" I mumbled to myself, drawing my knees together up to my chest as I rested my chin on top of it. "Just block him out of your head, Abigail. Just block him."

A shrill ring at the door had my attention. Just what I needed, I added sarcastically in my head. I made no move to open the door. I was really not in a mood to deal with whoever was out there. My head was pounding like thousands of nails had been hammered in it and for some unknown reason my chest was aching in a very uncomfortable manner. So, forgive me if I was not in my best mood today.

After a minute long silence, just when I assumed that the person whoever on the door was, had left for good, a sharp knock ricocheted through the walls of my home, ticking my mind off. Can't a girl get few minutes alone to herself?

I pushed myself up from the floor to the door, preparing a good lecture in my head to lash out at the person on their mannerism on knocking at somebody's door. But, all the words stuck on my throat when I swung the door open and ocean blue eyes stared at me.

The strange pain that wasn't taking a cue to leave my chest suddenly radiated off of my chest replaced by familiar warmth as soon as I stared at those hypnotic blue eyes. He had a nervous look etched all over his face as he took in me and slowly raked a hand through his silky hair.

At the sight, my hands twitched to replace his hands by my own that is passing through his hair. Is his hair really that silky as it appears to be or is...... whoa, whoa, whoa? Where are your thoughts travelling to? It's a big NO-GO sign for you.

Shaking my head from all the unnecessary thoughts, I looked back at the guy standing in front of me. "Eugene? What are you doing here?" I asked, managing to look him in the eyes without faltering for once.

"We need to talk." He replied and walked past me inside the house. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. This guy clearly doesn't need an invitation to visit somebody's house.

"Hey, I didn't even invite you in?" I said, not hiding my irritation at him for barging in my home without my permission.

His lips curved in a small smirk. "Does it matter? I am already in."

I rolled my eyes annoyingly. "What are you doing here, Eugene? Don't you have better place to be in right now than here?" With better company, Rebecca! I silently added inside my head.

"No, I need to talk to you." he said in a firm, calculated tone that clearly meant 'no kidding'.

"What?"

"I – " he stopped to take a deep breath before exhaling it slowly. "I just want to clear the misunderstanding. Rebecca – she is not my girlfriend."