20. I Like You!

Sorry for the delay! Enjoy!

Song of the chapter//  Tenerife sea by Ed Sheeran

Abigail Devon' POV...

Have you ever had that day when you are so desperate to get somewhere but right then something come up and hold you up for a bit longer than you desired? Well, that was exactly what I was having then and there.

After Eugene literally threatened me, I quickly called Julie to inform her that Eugene might possibly find out about her secret – only I didn't get to tell her because her phone wentstraight to voicemail. I tried several times but each time I had the same response. What's the means of having advanced communication facilities if you couldn't use it when you need it the most? Getting tired of calling, I decided to send her a small text.

Need to talk to you. I will meet you at your shop in the evening. – A

Once school finished, I hurried to the café in a hope of finishing up my shift earlier so that I could go to Julie's but no – it seemed like luck wasn't in my favor at all. Out of all other days, the café had to choose today to be busy due to which boss extended my shift and I just couldn't refuse. I kept glancing down over my watch, waiting for the café to be closed but so far no luck.

Finally, after what seemed like eternity, my shift ended and I quickly packed my bag to leave.

"Someone is in hurry?" Scot teased, leaning against the door and blocking my path.

"I need to go, Scot."

"Is something wrong?" Scot asked once he noticed my wary expression.

"Uh, no. I am just tired." I lied.

"Well, then I think I am the one you need right now, beautiful."

"Scot, not today. I am really not in the mood."

"Common, don't be a party pooper." He pouted.

"Last I checked, we aren't in any party." I replied, walking past him. As I stepped out of the café to get to Julie's, I stopped when I saw Jed, Julie and Selena parked outside, standing against Jed's car.

"Here she comes." Jed said, sauntering toward me.

"What do you guys doing here?" I asked, quizzically.

"That's what I was trying to tell you." Scot came up behind me. "We are all going in to have some fun."

"Fun?"

"It's been long since we went out. So, I thought why not today." Julie answered, smiling. "There's a nice pub I know. We are all going there and don't you dare say no."

"Did you hear me say 'no'?" I quipped.

"That's my girl." Jed echoed as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's party." Selena grinned widely.

****

"Whoa, this place rocks, man." Scot cheered as we scanned the place before taking a place near the bar.

"I agree. How did you know about this place, anyway?" Jed queried turning to face Julie.

"Uh, Chris brought me here a few nights ago." She informed casually but I didn't miss the blush that circled her cheeks.

"Are we missing something?" Jed teased, waggling his brows mischievously.

"Shut up." Julie rolled her eyes. "Why don't we have some drink?"