Celebration of Tears

"We ride to Isengard, for that is where the Hobbits have taken refuge," Legolas stood next to Agardess where she was standing watching over the battlefield. Agardess didn't look at him. 

"Bring the Hobbits back, I will great them once they come to Helm's Deep." 

"You won't come with us?" Legolas asked her, he turned to her but she still refused to look at him. She shook her head. 

"Make sure the Hobbits are safe and well, but no, I will not ride with you." She inclined her head to him before turning  on her heel, leaving the elf alone behind her. 

"Why not?" Legolas called after her. Agardess turned ever so slightly before facing back the direction she was previously going. 

"I feel as if I should not be there. I will not go against what has been advised of me," She walked away from him then and did not look back. 

~*~

Agardess stood watching the group ride off. They were heading to Isengard and Agardess was not sure how long it would be until she saw them again. But she felt that she was needed here and because of that, she stayed.

"You stayed," Eowyn said sounding surprised as she came to stand beside Agardess. Agardess nodded watching the riders, they were specks now, barely visible even to her. She tore her eyes away and looked to the woman next to her. 

"Can I ask a favor of you?" 

~*~

Ebony hair fluttered to the ground, tickling Agardess' bare skin as it brushed against it her on its fall to the floor. Yet Agardess didn't move not wanting the woman behind her to slice her with the knife she was so carefully wielding. They had left Helm's Deep behind them and this seemed like the perfect time for a change. 

"Finished," Eowyn announced. Agardess lifted her hand to her hair feeling the shorter length. It was where she liked it now, having grown during their journey. 

"Thank you," Agardess said standing and brushing herself off. She turned to the woman beside her who handed the knife back to her. Agardess nodded her head in gratitude slipping it back into her belt. "Have you ever loved someone, Eowyn?" She asked suddenly. Eowyn shrugged. 

"I am not sure I know what love is," She answered quietly. "Of course there is the idea, but how do you know what you are feeling is love?"

"Then you have not," Agardess pulled the woman to her feet. She had kneeled while they were talking, brushing the strands of hair away. "For you will know when you have fallen in love." 

"Have you love someone?" Eowyn asked. Agardess bowed her head. 

"Yes, I know the feeling of love quite well," Agardess smiled. "For someone rests in a special place in my heart." Eowyn's face seemed to fall. Agardess took the shorter woman's face in her hands, tilting it up so they were seeing eye to eye. 

"Do not fear of finding love, love will find you. You need not search for it. Love will find you Eowyn, be patient, it always does." Agardess kissed the woman on her forehead before releasing her. She bowed and left the room.  

~*~

"Agardess!" She heard a voice shout. She turned and was tackled in a hug by two tiny figures. She smiled and laughed, hugging the Hobbits form to her own.

"Merry! Pippin!" She cried unable to clear her face of the joy she was feeling. The Hobbits noticed the slight change in character. She seemed happier, warmer, more in touch with her emotions. The Hobbits hugged her more tightly, welcoming this change. She was still Agardess, but now she seemed to have a heart.