Sorrow

Agardess nervously twirled her weapons as they came upon a large hall. She was on edge and it wasn't because of the fact she knew there were Goblins somewhere in this cave, but the fact they were underground. Although the hall had towering ceilings she still felt the tons of rock above her head crushing down on top of her. Based on instincts she stuck close to Legolas, almost hugging his arm. 

Suddenly Gimli wailed and raced forward, ignoring Gandalf's plead. 

"No," He whispered gazing upon a white tomb. "No..." And the dwarf broke down in tears.

"'Here lies Balin, son of Fundin, Lord of Moria.'" Gandalf read from the engravings upon the face of the tomb. "He is dead then, it's as I feared." Gimli's head fell, his helmet clanking onto the stone and tears streamed down his face. 

Gandalf handed his staff and hat to Pippin, who in turn backed away as the wizard approached a book. He opened it and dust fell from it, along with a few loose pages. Agardess watched the pages fall onto the ground, simply staring at them whilst thinking of death as grief. 

"We must move on," Legolas said to Aragorn, Agardess heard him but he couldn't drag her from the hole that was her mind and her eyes did not move from the pages. "We cannot linger." 

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall," Gandalf read, brushing dust from the old, thick book.  "We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes. Drums, drums in the deep. We cannot get out.  A shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming." Agardess shuttered, but did not move her gaze from the pages, as if looking made it real. 

Pippin had backed up during Gandalf's speech, hitting a skeleton. The skeleton moved, falling backwards into the well the bones were previously perched on. The skeleton was caught on a bucket which in turn fell causing crashing and banging the whole trip down the well. Everyone flinched with each loud noise and once it was silent, nobody moved. Until Gandalf. 

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" Gandalf hissed, ripping his staff and hat away from the Hobbit. Pippin looked down in shame as soon as Gandalf turned away. Perhaps in another life Agardess would have comforted the Hobbit, but she too was angry at the Hobbit. 

Sounds came from the well in which the skeleton had fell and relaxed hands tightened, spurring everyone back into the grips of unease. 

"Frodo," Sam said his voice dripping with worry. Agardess turned and saw that the Hobbit's sword had been glowing blue. She did not know what it meant, but she sensed it was nothing good. 

"Orcs," Legolas hissed turned to their ruddy and beaten group, as if saying the name would get them on their feet. Boromir raced towards the door, looking out. As he did so two arrows came flying at them, missing his face by mere centimeters. He jerked his head back and stumbled back into the room. 

"Get back!" Aragorn yelled to the Hobbits. "And stay close to Gandalf!" Aragorn then rushed forward, helping Boromir close the doors. 

"They have a cave troll," Boromir said, as if he were threatening fate to throw something worse at them. Legolas began tossing axes to the two men and they used them to barricade the door, although it was highly doubtful that the door would do anything really, except buy them a few seconds. They backed away from the door, Legolas already nocking an arrow on his bow. Agardess took the moment to snap into action. She turned to the door, stepping in front of Gandalf and spun her knifes around in her hands, as if taunting the Orcs, although they could not see her, to come at her. 

"Let them come!" Gimli roared, stepping onto the tomb. "There is still one dwarf in Moria who still draws breath." A hole was made in the crude door and Legolas shot an arrow and judging from the squeal of pain he hit his mark. Aragorn shot one too, also hitting his mark and soon both, men and elf, we're raining arrows upon the Orcs that gathered behind the door.