The Fellowship

Agardess refused the offered chair as politely as possible. Legolas hadn't minded, knowing she prefered the shadows more anyway. She would stay behind the gathered elves, watching, listening, but under strict orders not to draw a weapon or defend Legolas. She had accepted, her oath not allowing her to deny direct orders from Legolas himself. Although she was sure she played her part better than he wished her to. He spoke to her as a friend. She spoke to him as a superior and although Legolas was uncomfortable with it, he knew he couldn't change her. He put up with it and that was what mattered to Agardess.

She wasn't paying attention to anything at the moment. The meeting had yet to start and Legolas had taken his seat, signaling that she was to take her place in the back. She received some uneasy looks, but it didn't bother her. She wasn't here to make friends.

"...You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom," Lord Elrond was saying and Agardess realized that she was supposed to be paying attention. "Bring forth the ring Frodo." A tiny man, a Hobbit, scurried forward, placing a ring in the center of a table. Agardess was lost to her thoughts before the Hobbit even reached his seat.

"... doom was near at hand." That did sound important and Agardess found herself wishing she had been paying attention to the first part. She tore her eyes from her surrounding and turned her attention to the speaker. "Isildur's bane is found..." He inched closer and closer to table that held a tiny ring, reaching for it. Elrond stood from his chair with a shout while Gandalf began speaking.

The sky grew dark, thunder rumbled, uneasy looks were thrown, one was Legolas' and it was aimed at her. Legolas soon closed his eyes as if trying to block the sound from his ears. Agardess would of ran to him if it hadn't affected her. But it did, the speech almost brought her to her knees. Gandalf stood from his chair still speaking the foul words.

"Never before has any voice utter the words of that tongue here in Imladris," Elrond stated sitting down shakily once it stopped. Gandalf walked forward and Legolas shot Agardess a look, his eyes now open.

"I do not ask you pardon, Master Elrond. For the Black Speech of Mordor is heard in every corner of the West. The Ring is altogether evil." He shot a glare at everyone before returning to his seat.

"It is a gift," A man said, Boromir his name. "A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay." He was standing now, pacing in front of the council. He was passionate and Agardess would of listened to him if not his point be utterly stupid. "By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe," He was still going, pacing and waving his finger at some of the council. Agardess wished she could silence him, but she stayed where she was, watching him with cold eyes. "Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy! Let us use it against him!"

"You cannot wield it," A man said causing Boromir to turn. "None of us can, the One Ring answers to Sauron alone, it has no other master."

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir turned to the Ranger, his eyes cold and hard.

"This is no mere Ranger," Legolas said, standing from his seat and approaching Boromir so the man was now facing the elf. Agardess's hand went to her weapon, she tightened her grip on them as she glared at Boromir reading to jump in there and silence the fool. "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn." Legolas' voice was soft, but still held power and for that Agardess admired him. "You owe him your allegiance." Boromir turned to Aragorn.

"Aragorn," He said, breathless. Aragorn had no expression, just met Boromir's eyes. "This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Agardess' eyes snapped back to Legolas as he spoke. He flicked his eyes over to her for a moment before turning back to hold the gaze of the man before him.