Helm's Deep

Agardess looked up at the sound of the screams. Her grip tightened on her bow.

"A scout!" Legolas called back, heaving the body of the dead Orc away from him. Aragorn ran down to the group.

"What is it? What do you see?" Theoden asked him riding towards to him before bringing his horse to a stop. Agardess was running now and she was soon beside the king.

"Orcs!" Aragorn yelled running past him. "We are under attack!" The crowd started to panic, people sending out frightened cries. Agardess drew her knives and started running towards the direction Aragorn had come from, but Theoden had grabbed her arm.

"I cannot let a woman risk her life," He hissed using the other hand to draw his sword.

"Then think of me as a man," Agardess hissed ripping her arm out of his grasp and rushed forward. Theoden turned his horse around, yelling orders to the people behind, but Agardess was already running.

Agardess came to a stop next to Legolas, who stood on a slope, watching Wargs race towards them. He notched some arrows and shot them into the upcoming Wargs. The riders came up behind them.

"Agardess," Aragorn yelled. Agardess swung herself up behind him, noticing Legolas did the same thing, except he landed in front of Gimli.

The collision was a bloody one. Wargs ripped their claws into horses' throats and threw riders. Agardess soon dismounted from Aragorn's horse, landing on a Warg's back. She sliced off the head of the Orc that was riding the Warg before sinking her knives into the Warg's skull, killing it.

"Agardess!" She whirled to the sound of her name. "Duck!" She did so, nearly taking a knee. An arrow whizzed over her head, killing an Orc that was behind her. She lunged forward, her knives plunging into the chest of an Orc. She pulled them out, their entire blade now covered in Orc blood. She swung them once, trying to shake off the droplets of blood before tossing herself back into battle.

She swung herself around, a killing a machine. She killed everything in her path, losing track of every friend. In her killing frenzy she was sure that she would no longer be able to tell friend from foe, but it never came down to that. Soon the battle had ended, the field littered with bodies, both friends and foe.

Agardess wiped blood off her face, knowing for a fact that it wasn't her's. She looked around the battered men, looking for any sign of a blond elf, or a dwarf, or Aragorn. She found Gimli, standing with his axe still raised. Agardess started towards him only to have her arm caught in someone's grasp. She grabbed for her knife which she had sheathed.

"Where is Aragorn?" Legolas asked her, releasing her arm. She let go of her knife.

"Have you not seen him?" She asked surveying the field again.

"I haven't."

"Perhaps we should ask Gimli," Agardess jerked her head in his direction and Legolas nodded, setting off towards him.

"Aragorn!" Legolas called, Agardess right behind him. Together their voices raised over the sound of marching footsteps, causing Gimli to turn to them. He too joined in with their calling, adding his gruff voice to the musical tone of theirs. Legolas stopped at a cliff, kneeling down. A seemingly dead Orc chuckled next to him. Legolas turned to him, Agardess too pivoted. The two elves towered over the Orc, glaring down at it. Gimli shoved past them, holding his axe to the Orc's neck.

"Tell me what happened and I might ease your passing," Gimli demanded. Agardess had to admit, the dwarf was threatening.

"He's dead," The Orc wheezed. Legolas stepped forward and Agardess drew a sharp breath. "He took a little tumble off the cliff." Agardess turned her gaze to the cliff looking out at it, her heart dropping in her chest. Legolas dropped to his knees, seized the Orc by the shoulders.