Death Itself ~ Prologue

Quick Note
The picture above is only to show you Agardess' hair style. Just imagine her ears poking out of it. However the woman sporting the hairstyle is not what I think Agardess looks like. However this is the only picture guidance I am giving you for character. The rest is up to you.

A woman sat still. Cloaked in all black she looked like Death itself and it was appropriate seeing the fact she was there to deliver it. Jumping from one rooftop to the next before stilling again and glancing about. It wasn't as if she expected to be noticed, she was elvish and they were human.

She slipped through the window a maid had left unlocked earlier in the day and landed softly on the padded carpet. Flipping her black hair out of her face she stepped lightly towards the sleeping man. She drew one of her long knives glancing at the asleep lord as she did so.

Towering over the man she raised the knife, the blade glinting in the moonlight. She brought it down across his throat, slitting it nicely. She, however, could not avoid the blood that rushed from the room and her face and cloak became covered.

She returned to the window, slipping out, lingering only to hear the scream of horror that came from the maid who had the nightly schedule to check on the elderly man. She ran then, darting across the rooftops to the bar where she had met her client.

Flinging the door open she stalked inside ignoring the gasps of horror coming from the late drinkers. She leaned against the bar making the bartender jump at her blood speckled face.

"Ale," She growled pushing a coin towards the shaking man. He handed her a mug and she grasped it, stepping lightly to the dark corner of the room, making herself melt into the shadows. Soon a pale young man slid into the seat across from her, puffing a bit of smoke from his pipe. She pushed her untouched ale over to him and leaned back in the chair.

"Is it done?" The man asked before grasping the mug. He didn't, however, raise the mug to drink.

"Of course it is," She frowned at the client. "Would I be here if it wasn't?" She tried to keep her voice gruff, however the night seemed to be going horribly for her and it turned into her usual tune, which she had to say was higher and more elf like. The man glanced around at the drunken members of the bar before sliding her a pouch of coins. She opened it and dug around inside taking one out.

"You never saw me," She told the bartender, flipping the coin to him before walking out the door into the pouring rain. For not having a solid home, the woman fared well, however it was the rain that made her angry and perhaps it was one of the reasons she chose this day to snap.

She brushed her hair out of her eyes and started running, not caring if her weapons were swinging uncomfortably against her legs. She would make it to Mirkwood by tomorrow night and tomorrow night was the day she was going to die.

~*~

The sun was going down when she entered the forest. She walked steadily in the direction of the kingdom, knowing it wasn't going to be long until she encountered a patrol troop.

And it wasn't. Elves soon approached her, wary of the strange woman.

"Who are you?" A blonde one barked at her. She recognized him with a glance that her was the prince. He resembled the king and the elves in his company seemed to press unreasonably close to him, as if they wished to throw themselves in the way if he were to be attack.

She smiled, the devilish thing crossing her face and she reached behind to draw her twin long swords. She walked forward towards him, the smile never leaving her face. The elves in his company rushed in front of him and he drew his bow, nocking an arrow and aiming it at her head.