Magneto

My knee slowly healed and my mind pushed the horrors to the back of my mind.  I spent a lot of time doing homework and when I could bare the pain, I would dance.  No one talked about that night that I broke down.  It's as if it never happened and I want it to stay that way.  I'm too strong to be weak.

I ran up the stairs to the conference room, exactly two weeks after my break down.  Everyone was surprised to see me back on my feet again and eager to go back to work.  Banner didn't try to stop me because he knew that it would help me get better.  I manage to get into the conference room in time.  I slide into the chair next to Natasha as I try to catch my breath.

"Banner cleared you?" Fury asks and I nod slowly.  "Are you sure you're up for this, Allison?" He asks.

"I'm fine." I reply but he doesn't seem convinced.  "I want you and Natasha to sweep the building before we send in the final team." He tells me and I nod happily to be given a good job.

"Thank you director." I say as he dismisses us after a few minutes.

"I want you in counseling." He says as I try to walk out of the room.

"I'm fine.  I have everything under control." I reply because talking about it only makes it worse.  "The memories are secured and they won't bother me anymore." I feel Fury's eyes on the back of my head and I turn around to face him.  "SIr, I'm fine."

"Talk to Sam at least once and go from there." He says.  "You shouldn't have to go through this alone."  I nod as I run out of the room.  "Stay alive!" I hear him yell after me.  A small smile spreads across my face as I go to Tony's lab so he can give me a new uniform.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The wind made it harder for me to hear Natasha on my ear piece.  "Head inside, Allison." Natasha tells me and I immediately head towards the building.  I take out one guard easily and I manage to convince the other to put down his gun and walk away.  My head was pounding with all the effort but it was worth not having to kill him.

I get inside the building and I secure my hallway, however I hear someone calling for help not too far away.  "I'm going to help someone." I tell Natasha as I walk down the hall.  I see a locked door and on the other side a girl around my age it frantically trying to get out.

I focus on the keypad and it unlocks.  The girl smiles at me as she steps out of the room.

"You really are gullible." She says as I feel a needle go into the back of my neck.  I barely see the girl's skin morph into a dark blue color.  "Take her to Eric."

~*~*~*~*~*~

My head was pounding as I slowly came to.  I was laying on a bed in a very large room and I wasn't alone.  An older man with white hair is watching me.  He holds a helmet in his hand which he slips onto his head when he realizes I'm awake.

"Allison Swan." The man says as he approaches me.  "It's nice to finally meet the mutant that so many people are after."

"Who are you?" I demand as I try to stand up.  My knee screams in agony though.

"I apologize about that.  My men didn't know about your recent injury so when they threw you in the back of the van, well let's just say your knee took a beating."  I resist the strong urge to hurt him.  "I'm not here to hurt you, child.  I'm only trying to offer you a better life with the Brotherhood of mutants."

"No." I reply before he continues.

"No?" He asks.  "I see you want to stay with the people who are using you to control the world." He says and I frown at him.

"I want to go back and if you're not going to let me go well then I'll have to..." He laughs at me and looks at me.

"Child I won't keep you here against your will.  Here I'll make you a deal, if you can figure a way out of this room I'll let you go." The man watches me as I consider it.

"And if I can't make it out?" I ask and he just walks out of the room.  I look over at the door as it closes.  This is going to harder than it looks.

~*~*~*~*~*~

-