Thirty One

We arrived in Paris in darkness, but it was still absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. A gorgeous little vintage car was waiting for us right outside the exit of the airport, and I giggled at the 'Happy Birthday' balloons tied onto the windows.

Our hotel was right in the centre of the city, and was so beautiful. It was very chic, except for the two double doors in the glass wall that led out to a balcony that overlooked the Eiffel Tower.

"Oh, Harry." I breathed, letting go of the handle on my suitcase. "It's so beautiful... I... Thank you!!" I giggled, and he grinned.

"Anything for you, my number one girl." He said, and I smiled bashfully, tucking myself under his arm.

"So, you up for a little walk around?" Harry suggested, knowing it was usually my favourite thing to do. I honestly tried really hard to keep the disgust out of my face, but I don't think I succeeded.

"Oh, Harry. I'm sorry but I'm achy and exhausted. Can we please just chill here?" I pleaded. Harry's face softened, and he nodded.

"Of course we can baby. This is your weekend, after all." He said. I smiled gratefully, and kissed his shoulder. He smirked and snaked his arm around my waist.

"Now. Why don't you go have a nice warm bath quickly while I order in a pizza, hmm?" He whispered into my ear. My eyes rolled into the back of my head and I nodded in 100% approval of his idea. He patted my bum playfully and I chuckled, padding into the bathroom.

The bathroom was snow white from top to bottom, and the bath was about as big as my bed at home. I dropped in one of the bath bombs they just casually had on the side and stripped off as I waited for the bath to fill.

I stood side on to the mirror, and smiled at my reflection. My bump was a properly big bump now that I was in my third trimester. And despite the fact that meant it made my back, legs and feet soooo achy, I was completely in love with it; it was beautiful. I smiled and ran my hands lovingly over it.

The past six months had been by far the most uncomfortable of my life, but I was really going to miss having my bump with me when the baby was born. I knew that any time from now the baby could be born, and that terrified me.

I'd started antenatal classes the week we'd gone back to school, and they'd effectively calmed some of my nerves about the labour. However, I was still shitting my pants about the fact that in less than three months, I'd have a baby to look after.

When I left the bathroom, now in my pyjamas, I'd found Harry had turned all the lights off except for the extravagant floor light in the corner of the room. The lights of the city shining through the windows cast a soft light through the room also. Harry was propped up against the many pillows on the bed, a pizza box next to him, fiddling with the remote for the telly.

We were halfway through American Hustle by the time we finished the pizza, and I let out a massive yawn as I lay back against the pillows. Harry smiled down at me. He took in my half closed eyelids, and turned down the volume of the telly.

"You tired, baby girl?" He cooed, stroking the hair back from my face. I nodded, and tucked myself under him. He kissed my temple, and then ran his hands up and down my back.

"Harry?" I whispered.

"Hmmm." Harry hummed, smiling softly at me.

"Sing to me." I whispered as I lay my head on his chest. I heard Harry draw a deep breath and then smiled as he begun singing 'All Of Me' by John Legend.

Just as he was reaching the last chorus, I felt the familiar sensation in my stomach and grinned.

"Harry." I gasped.