Twelve

The next morning, I was sat down on the sofa, watching Catfished as I ate breakfast, when my phone started ringing. I looked at it, to see my Mum was FaceTiming me. I smiled and answered it, resting my phone between my knees which I brought up towards my chest.

"Hey." I chirped.

"Hi, sweetie." Mum smiled warmly at me. "Is this a bad time?"

"No, Mum of course not." I said. "Harry's away all day writing anyway, so the company's good."

"Oooh, what's he writing?" Mum asked, and I smiled.

"A new album, I think. Maybe a new single too; I don't really know to be honest." I said, and Mum smiled.

"D'you reckon there'll be any songs about you?" She whispered, and I blushed, shrugging bashfully and making her laugh.

"I dunno." I giggled.

"He is looking after you down in the big city, isn't he?" Mum asked, concern etched in her features, and I smiled.

"Of course Mum." I said. "I'm in bed by half ten every night, no later. Don't worry." I said, and Mum chuckled.

"Glad to hear it." She said. "So what've you been up to then. I've been trying to catch up with you via Update accounts on Twitter, but it's all been quiet recently." Mum said and I laughed.

"We've been in Cheshire this weekend with Harry's parents." I said, and Mum smiled.

"Oh that's nice!" She said. "What're they like?"

"Oh, they're lovely Mum. Absolutely lovely. I really hit it off with his Mum and sister. I was thinking actually, that perhaps we could have a dinner together, you know, you and Dad, Lucas and Hannah and Beth, Daisy, and Harry's family. I think you'd really like his Mum, and Dad and Harry's Dad are made for each other." I said, and Mum laughed.

"That sounds like a lovely idea." She said. "Any dates planned?"

We spent the next hour discussing dates, eventually settling on 17th May, a week after Harry was due to get home from South America. After another twenty minutes of mundane chatter about the gossip I'd missed from home- not a lot, surprisingly- Mum and I ended the call. I sighed as I stood up, not knowing what to do now. I was already dressed in a jumper-jeans combo, with my hair and makeup ready, so walked out the apartment, preparing to just wander around London for a few hours.

I did wander around London for a few hours. I was walking through a park, where I heard show music, and followed the sound to where a stage had been constructed, and several people were on beanbags watching as a little girl sang Matilda on stage. I smiled, intrigued, and flopped down on a beanbag right at the back, watching the performances.

"Alright let's pick on one of you!" The energetic presenter said, jumping down from the stage. Groans were heard from people nearer the front, but I wasn't too phased. I was way too close to the back for them to see me.

"Hmmm, how about... You." He said, and I gasped when he pointed to me. I let out a small curse word as I stood up. The walk of shame to the stage seemed to take forever, and I racked my brains for what to sing.

By the time I'd ascended the steel steps, I'd decided on As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver!. I announced the song, and then took a deep breath as it started.

I was a good musical performer, I knew, and I hit all the right notes and got just the right amount of emotion into the performance without it being too cheesy. The audience clapped when I was finished, and I bowed, before jumping off the stage and scurrying out the park before they could make me do anything else.