Twenty Two

The Where We Are Tour was far from over. After the restaurant with Anne and Robin, the boys sold out the Etihad and Wembley for three nights each. Harry drove me back from London before one of the shows, and as you can imagine, my family was ecstatic when we told them about the baby. Currently, the boys were midway through the European leg. They only had today over here, and then were going back to Paris tomorrow. I had school tomorrow though, so had to go back home anyway.

School was... Interesting the next day, to say the least. Obviously, the news I was pregnant spread like wildfire, and although it was 100% legal for Harry and I to have had sex and have a baby, it still wasn't really socially acceptable. The girls didn't care though. They offered shoulders to cry on when people insulted me, as well as a lame joke to get me to crack a smile.

To be honest, so long as my girls, and Harry's guys, and our families were happy, I couldn't give a flying fuck what anyone else thought.

The next three weeks seemed like an endless black tunnel, but then FINALLY, Harry was back from the European tour. He decided the best course of action to announce his return, would be to turn up in the canteen in the middle of lunch. Lovely idea, but for God's sake I'm fifteen weeks pregnant! I burst into tears, and the whole school watched uncomfortably as I blubbered into Harry's shirt, his laughs ringing out over the top.

I had to take the rest of that afternoon off, and Harry carried me home like a baby koala, kissing my hair as I sniffled into the crook of his neck. He told me stories of Europe, and what they got up to, as well as giving me an insight to the gossip in the 1D fam- no gossip worth passing on.

When we got back to my house, Harry just went straight to my room. He lay me down very carefully on the bed, and then slid in next to me.

"D'you want the telly on?" I whispered as we lay facing each other, my school shirt undone and Harry's fingers on my slight bump. He smiled and shook his head, kissing my forehead.

"I only wanna look at you right now sweet girl." He whispered, smirking as I blushed crimson, and bit my lip. I leaned forward and kissed his shoulder softly.

"I love you." I hummed against his skin, and I looked up to see him beaming.

"God, Tasie, I love you too." He said, smashing his lips to mine.

"Your bump's grown so much." He mumbled, marvelling over it, and I smiled. That fell from my face though when Harry made eye contact with me. His usual sparkly green orbs were heavy, sad.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked, cupping his cheek.

"You're fifteen weeks already." He sniffled. "I've already missed nearly four, out of the nine months you're pregnant. And I'm gonna miss more. And then once the baby's born, it'll be the same. I just won't be able to be there." He was crying now, and the words that followed were just unintelligible. It was clear Harry had been thinking about this for ages, and now it was all coming out at once.

"Oh, Harry." I whispered, cradling his head and holding it to my collar-bone as he sobbed into my skin.

"I'm an awful Match I'm sorry." He sobbed. I gasped.

"Harry!" I said, letting him go. He looked up at me, his face blotchy and eyes bright red. "How can you say that?! How can you possibly say that?! Do you even realise how much you light up my life? How proud I am to call you mine? Do you have any idea how much I cherish our relationship? How much I cherish you? Harry, I admit the fact that you touring a lot is unconventional. But nowhere near as unconventional as me still living with my parents! Baby, you leave me, and carry on even though I know your job makes you miserable as fuck sometimes, even though touring completely drains you, you just... Carry on. To the extent where you come home exhausted every three weeks. How can you possibly go through all of that, just to bring in money for me and our child, and then put yourself down like you just did? I don't understand it Harry! You're worth so much more than you give yourself credit for, and I swear to God if I ever hear you say something like that again... Your curls will be up for auction on eBay. You hear me?" Harry chuckled slightly, and nodded.

"Ah-ah-ah. Use your words." I scolded him, and he rolled his eyes fondly.

"I hear you baby. Thank you. I love you." He said, kissing me softly.

"It's okay. I love you too H. Please don't ever forget that." I said, and he nodded.

"I won't." He promised, and I smiled, kissing his jawbone.

"I love you." I whispered again.

I only had seven school days left before summer, and they passed in a flurry of final exams, sports days, assemblies, etc. I broke up on Wednesday 23rd July, and although the Where We Are Tour didn't resume until the beginning of August, a week later, Harry and I drove straight to the airport after he'd picked me up from school.

Harry's mini breakdown on the day he came back revealed to me how much stress the tour and all the press were burdening him with, so I booked a week holiday on a private island. He cried again when I told him, telling me he didn't know private islands really did exist. A week with just the two of us together in our own little bubble would fix him up, I had no doubt.

The island was just off the coast of Hawaii. Because of the fact it was the middle of the night when we arrived, and in England it's midday, Harry and I were pretty jet-lagged, so neither of us were tired as we caught the ferry to get us across from the small town to the island.

Once the little boat docked on the soft sand on the other side of the water, Harry jumped off and threw our bags out onto the beach. I thanked the driver, and paid him, and then stood up to step off as well. Before I could however, Harry swooped me up bridal style and then threw me into the sea.

The water was warm, and when I resurfaced I found Harry and the boatsman both laughing at me.

"Harold! This is a new dress!" I said, and he chuckled.

"Well take it off then!" He called back, throwing his v-neck on top of our luggage. Sensing things were about to get steamy, the boatsman quickly started rowing back towards the mainland, and as soon as he was gone, Harry pushed his boxers down and ran in. I laughed at him. Of course he'd go skinny dipping on the first night, of course.

"Well take your dress off then!" He shouted as he swam over to me.

"No way!!" I laughed, shaking my head and sending droplets of water from my wet hair everywhere.

"Why? There's no one around." He said, chewing on his wet lip as he stood in front of me.

"Because I'm fat." I giggled. "Well not fat, pregnant, but you know." Harry rolled his eyes, shaking his head. Before I knew what was happening, Harry had taken the hem of my dress, which was floating on the waves anyway, and lifted it over my head. I shrieked as I was left in just my underwear, and Harry threw the soaking wet garment over to his own. He took my thighs, and lifted me so I was straddling his hips as he crouched down on the sand, the water coming up to his shoulders now. I breathed out a sigh of content as I lay back and floated, blinking up at the stars above me.

"So beautiful." I whispered.

"Isn't it just?" Harry hummed, but he wasn't looking at the sky. My cheeks heated up as I smiled bashfully, sitting up and wrapping my arms around his neck. I pressed a gentle, wet kiss to his puffy lips, and then pulled away slightly so I could look into his beautiful face.

"This was such a good idea Tasie. Thank you." Harry said, and I smiled. I let go of him, and then unwrapped my legs from around his waist. I stood up, and then grinned playfully.

"Last one inside is a rotten egg!" I called, hearing Harry's booming laughter from behind me as we both ran out of the water and into the house.