Fourteen

By the time we got back to mine, the sun had completely set, and it was dark. My parents were still up though, and I hugged them both, before following Harry upstairs.

Once in my room, I changed into some pyjamas, and then slid into bed. Harry got in after me, and as soon as he lay down, I latched onto him like a baby koala. I heard him chuckle, but he held me tightly too, and as I fell asleep, I tried to memorise exactly what his heart beat sounded like, dreading the next few weeks of not being able to hear it every night.

The next morning, Harry and I were both up early. I helped him pack his bag, and then forced breakfast on him, before going out in my pyjamas to his car. He put his bag in the boot, and then came around to me. He picked me up, and put me on the roof of the car, and then stood in between my legs, tracing patterns on my hips. I leaned down and kissed him softly.

"Have a lovely time H." I whispered, adjusting his bandana.

"I will." He smiled, lifting me off the roof and holding me. He kissed me, and I let it escalate into a make out, pulling away after a few seconds before we upset my neighbours.
We both smiled at each other as he put me down, and got into the car.  He started the engine, and I waved as he drove down the street. He honked the horn, and I giggled, before he turned a bend and was gone. I sighed sadly, and then turned around, going inside the house.

My room suddenly felt really empty when Harry wasn't in it. The sheets smelled like him though, so I buried into them, feeling like an idiot when a few tears fell from my eyes. I was worse than the people on Don't Tell The Bride.

I followed Sophia's advice for the next few weeks, and threw myself into all my school work, only looking forward to that time of day when my phone would light up and Harry would be FaceTiming me. Because of the time difference, it was often pretty late for me, so after about half an hour's chat, Harry would normally sing me to sleep over the phone. I think this was good for us both, because I worried that if I was thinking about Harry, I wouldn't sleep, and I think he did too, so the fact he could see me go to sleep put us both at ease.

Perrie was wrong when she said it feels like Zayn only goes away for a few days. I was 100% sure that when Harry arrived on our doorstep on Saturday 10th May, I was sprouting grey hairs.

Nonetheless, I squealed like an idiot when I answered the door in my pyjamas and saw Harry standing in front of me. He laughed as I threw myself at him, and still carrying me, stepped into the house, shutting the door behind him. He spun me around, and then kissed me.

"Missed you." I said, smiling cheekily up at him.

"I missed you too baby." He whispered, nuzzling his nose with mine. He pulled at the two plaits in my hair, and grinned.

"You look adorable." He said, and I huffed as I hit him playfully.

"Shuttup." I grumbled. Harry laughed, and then followed me into the kitchen. I turned on the kettle, and made up some coffee, passing it to him when it was done. He thanked me, and then followed me into my bedroom. We both slid under the covers, and I buried my head under his free arm.

"So what was it like?" I asked him.

"I've fallen in love with the whole continent." He said, and I giggled.

"I saw photos of you in Machu Picchu." I said, and Harry smiled.

"It was incredible." He gushed, and I grinned. "It was like, the most magical place you can imagine. I barely talked the whole day." He said, and I giggled.

"Have you got any photos?" I asked, and Harry nodded eagerly. He pulled out his camera from his bag, and spent the next hour showing me the 1031 photos he'd taken.

We stayed in bed all day, just enjoying one another's company. It comforted me, being able to hear his heart thumping through his chest for the first time in weeks, and to be cocooned by his familiar scent again.

My sister came in at one point- she has a strange fascination with Harry. She squealed when she saw him on the bed, and jumped in between us, clinging into him. He laughed, and squeezed her back, until she got bored and ran out the room.

True to tradition, we spent Sunday afternoon in the tearoom doing my homework, and then when school started on Monday, Harry was there to pick me up at the end of the day.