18. Who?

2 updates in a row? New Years Resolution achieved :D Enjoy the song and the chapter loves<3 Dress pictured above ;)

~

"So you chose him over me?" Jude fumed. "How could you Gen?" 

"How could she? Be bloody lucky she chose one of us at all," Thomas scoffed. "I'm surprised she even had to ask Andraya for advice on who to choose. It was obviously going to be me."

"Please stop fighting. Jude!" My voice shrilled in horror as he swung at-

"Wake up!" someone shouted. 

"What?" I replied groggily, shooting up from my sleeping position. 

"Some kind of dream you were having," Ray grinned. "Come on- It's Sunday a.k.a. last day of freedom before finals start." 

Rubbing my eyes, we both walked to the kitchen and made cinnamon oatmeal. 

"So what were you dreaming about?" Ray eyed teasingly. 

"Jude and Thomas getting into a scuff over me choosing the latter?" I responded while blowing over my spoon.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better- they heard," she stated matter of factly.

"What?!" 

"They. Heard. Well- Thomas heard. Remember we glanced outside last night? Thomas and Jude were being their creepy twin selves? Yeah. Jude texted me saying he heard everything."

"So Thomas didn't hear anything?" I asked. 

"Nope. And Jude isn't hurt. Not that much at least..." she trailed off. 

"Can you please take care of him for me?" I puppy-eyed. 

"You don't have to ask. Already taken care of." 

Showing me her phone, I saw that they had been flirting for quite a while. 

"-like a dove in a flock of ravens?" I gawked at Jude's choice of words. "You really have him wrapped around your finger if he's breaking out the poetry."

"Shit- you weren't supposed to see that," Ray blushed and quickly scrolled down. 

"Any who- what's on the schedule for today? " I pondered outloud. 

"Final Formal is coming up."-

"Another dance? Are you serious? How many do we have a year? Like 20?" I bewildered. 

"15 actually. Either way, we're going dress shopping."

"Are we going to be each other's dates?" I laughed while taking a sip of my coffee. 

"Sadly no," she giggled. "Jude is taking me and Thomas is taking you." 

I choked. 

"And I authorized this when?" 

"In about an hour when we pick out your dress."

"But-"

"No butts unless it's yours in the perfect dress. Now put on some clothes loser. We're going shopping."

~

"What about the mermaid style?" Ray pitched in.

"I don't really want to waddle around like a penguin," I laughed.

"I thought a smoothie break would help with this debacle," she frowned while sipping on her drink, me following.

"I guess I'll stick to what style I was wearing for the fall festival. What about you? Shouldn't you-"