16. Memories

Thank you all amazingly beautiful people for over 1.4K reads! I love you all so so much, and did anyone get to go to ComicCon? I couldn't, but I watched all the interviews XD I also just watched Jurassic World and can I say ONE THING- It's not freaking fair that Nick Robinson is 20 years old. Not. Flipping. Fair. And sorry about not updating for a while :( My internet went down as I was publishing this chapter. Lightning in L.A.? K den mother nature...

~

After my Friday birthday party, A.K.A-  a Netflix movie marathon, I needed some time to think. Jude or Thomas? Jude- or Thomas? Thomas or Jude? Thomas- or Jude? Why was I choosing? Couldn't I just be single and alone for the rest of my life, graduate from college, and move into an apartment with 2 cats. Maybe 3. Or 4.

Eating pretzel sticks while lying on my couch pondering about stressful thoughts probably wasn't the healthiest thing in the world. Getting up and walking upstairs, I began to finish off the "spring" cleaning. After cleaning through old photos, (again) I found a group photo with me, Thomas, Jude, and Aunt, and with the border labeled, "Christmas Dinner." 

My memory became fuzzy as I suddenly began to have a flashback. 

~

"Why are Thomas and Jude coming over for Christmas grams?" I asked playing around with the gingerbread house, picking bits and pieces of frosting and gingerbread men off. 

"Their parents had to go to Europe for a convention honey. I thought it would be nice to invite them over. Again."

"Didn't Mr. and Mrs. Sangster go to a convention last year? And the year before?" I alerted looking up.

"Yes they did dear." My aunt replied, sighing. Walking upstairs to my bedroom as fast as my 6 year old legs could, I  popped out 2 air mattresses onto my floor. No way were 2 boys sleeping next to me. Ew. They have cooties. 

One for Thomas. One for Jude. Hearing the doorbell ring and grams calling me downstairs, I dashed down and was immediately greeted by two small boys dressed in casual clothes. 

"Gen!" They both shouted and trampled me into an embrace.

"I missed you guys. And you must be freezing cold. It's snowing outside, isn't it?" 

"We wanted to get here as soon as possible anyway." Jude replied. 

"And mom and dad sent us here an hour before their flight, so they should be finished packing about now." Thomas added. Knowing that their parents had not left for Europe yet and they were being sent here angered me so much. Did they not even care? Ignoring the feeling, we walked over to the kitchen and began to eat our lovely Christmas dinner. 

Once we finished the battle of throwing sweet peas and dodging bread rolls, grams told us to get ready for bed and that she would do the dishes.

"Race you losers upstairs!" I shouted. Yelling in protest and trailing behind me, I made it to my bedroom door just in time just to slam the door in their faces. Literally. 

"Owww!" They both groaned in pain. Shoving the door back open, they tackled each other onto the mattresses. 

"You pushed me first dingbat!" Thomas shouted.

"Should've moved away from the stairs blockhead!" 

"The names you come up with for each other are completely bonkers sometimes." I laughed. Turning on the radio and bringing up some snacks and making a pillow fort, we all snuggled down and watched the fireworks outside. For some reason, our town always launched fireworks on the 4th of July, President's Day, Labor Day, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. Weird, right? With all of us lying on our stomachs, me in the middle, Thomas to my right, and Jude to my left, we engaged in a completely and utterly irrelevant conversation as we always did. 

"Gen?" Thomas peeped.

"Yeah?" I responded while munching on a potato chip.

"When we grow up-" Jude continued.

"-which one of us gets to kiss you?" Thomas finished.

"What?" I coughed, choking lightly and dropping my chip.

"Which one of us gets to kiss you?" Thomas clarified.

"Why me?" I asked, further curious. 

"Because whoever kisses you first gets to marry you and live happy ever after." Jude defined.

"But why do you have to choose me..." I queued still thoroughly confused.

"Because we like you Gen." They both said in unison with tones of anger and resentment directed towards each other.

"You don't have to like me. You can like someone else. Like Ray, or Pat."

"But they're not you." Jude said.

"Of course they're not me. No one's me. No one's you either. But in the end, we all find someone to like. No matter who they are. Right? Right?" After what felt like years of no response, I turned my head to Jude, then to Thomas, only to find that they were both sound asleep. Sliding out of the fort, I reached into my nightstand and quickly wrote a note in my diary. Smiling to myself, I climbed back into the shelter of couch cushions, pink pillows, and bed sheets. I fell asleep and thought about what would happen in the future. To me, Jude, Thomas, and grams. 

Closing my eyes, I couldn't help but feel anything but pure happiness. And with that, I drifted off into a world that was entirely my own. 

~

~

~

~

~

Again, I'm so sorry for not updating in a long time :( I really hope I can update every week, and earlier if possible <3 I love you cupquakes <3