Just a Little Prologue

Waking up is my favorite part of the day. I love listening to the birds, inhaling the scent of pancakes and bacon, and of course, I love being 1000% sarcastic.

16 and living with my aunt wasn't exactly what you would call the perfect life. To keep it short, mommy died giving birth to me, and daddy got shot on the street. Pretty cliche right?

11th grade was- interesting. You'd expect me to have a boyfriend, go out partying all night, get drunk, and be pregnant already, but I'd say I've been pretty reserved all my life. High school life that is.

I haven't gotten my first kiss yet, or had sex yet thank you. Since 9th grade, I've been doing the same thing; Wake up, go to school, come home, eat, do homework, sleep, and repeat. Then eventually apply to college and then get a boyfriend.

For the past 3 years in high school, guys haven't really noticed me. Can't blame them really. With long brown curly hair, and plain brown eyes, you'd pass me off as another face on the street.

Of course there were a lot of cute guys in my school, but none of them really caught my attention. They all boasted about how big their biceps and downwards were, their position on the football team and the bed, as well as on a scale of 1-10, how cocky their were. Literally.

And then there was Thomas.

Thomas Brodie-Sangster. The king of kings, the bad boy of bad boys, the heartbreaker of all heartbreakers. You get the point. He came to school everyday on his 1988 Harley Davidson, usually with a girl by his side, but ironically had a pretty high grade in his classes. Being the teacher's pet had its perks.

He would catch my eye a couple of times. I'd be sitting by myself during lunch at my little table, studying or drawing, and he'd be at his throne surrounded by cheerleaders, staring at me. Out of all the nerdy girls to look at, he would stare at me. I won't deny that I flushed sometimes, but mostly, I just looked away from those piercing onyx eyes. For fear of suffering the wrath of the main bitch of Westwood High, Ashley Hilton. Need I say more?

Now how did a quiet nerd like me get involved with a beast like Thomas you may ask? Trust me. I ask myself that question everyday. How did I turn a bad boy good?