15. Happy Birthday. To Me.

Thank you guys so much for over 1.2K reads on this story! I can't explain to you all how grateful I am <3 I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I really hope you enjoy this fun chapter <3<3<3

~

I woke up on a Friday morning feeling crappy as usual, but ignored it and looked on the bright side. It was my 17th birthday! Finally 17 years on this shit planet and no miracle yet. Getting out of bed, I did the usual. Brush my teeth, dress, and go to school, but was greeted by my lovely aunt when I walked downstairs.

"Oh happy birthday dear!" she said handing me a slice of cake.

"Cake before breakfast?" I questioned.

"Cake for breakfast." she winked. "Your parents would be so proud of you. I know they're up there smiling their cheeks sore already."

"Thanks Grams." Yeah. I call my aunt Grams. Deal with it. After finishing a delicious slice of red velvet cake, Thomas was standing on my porch with a bouquet of lilies and roses.

"Thomas. You shouldn't have." I said as he handed me the flowers and walked in. 

"It is your birthday after all love." As he walked in, my aunt barged into the living room with a smile the size of my birthday cake. 

"Thomas! Where have you been?! I haven't seen you since you were a little boy! My my you've gotten handsome. I wonder why Genevieve tells me she's still single..." she went on.

"Oh has she now?" Thomas teased. Shooting him a glare, I reminded both of the devils that we had school and with that, we rushed off outside. 

"I think your aunt enjoys my presence Jen. Why aren't we dating yet?" he said while lighting a cigarette. 

I couldn't help but blush at his remark. "Because you still smoke." I replying as I snatched it away and threw it to the ground, but not before I took a puff myself. 

"Do you realize that it's not 7:30 yet and you're already turning me on?" he mumbled moving my hair out of my face.

"Yes. Now let's get to school before we're late." 

"As you wish princess." Plopping me on the back seat, we drove off to school. 

Arriving at the entrance, girls threw their eyes like daggers at me. Was Thomas really this wanted? Lucky me. Clutching me by his side, we walked to biology together and began to learn about the anatomy of the human body. 

"So in total, the reproductive system of the female is much more complicated and advanced as compared to with the male reproductive system which only-"

Thank God for school bells. When we got out of our seats, you could cut the sexual tension in the air with a knife. I looked over to Thomas, who not-so-surprisingly had a tent on his crotch as if he were housing Eskimos. 

"You wanna go take care of that?" I said gesturing to his hooded figure.

Muttering in frustration and with 7 minutes left in between our passing periods, he walked into the boy's bathroom as I waited outside. Failing to restrain the grin from my face, I picked at the ends of my hair in boredom. 

"Well if it isn't the birthday girl herself." a familiar voice enquired. 

"Jude!" I smiled as I engulfed him into a hug. 

"Happy Birthday darling." He handed me a small white box embellished with a pink ribbon.

"You and your brother know me too well." Opening the card, I found a bracelet. Silver chained with a single heart charm. With my mouth open in surprise, he sneaked a quick kiss on my cheek which made me blush for the 40th time today. Sangsters...

"Just to let you know, friends or not, that you will always, genuinely, truly, and honestly, have my heart. Literally." Grinning as he secured the clip around my wrist, Thomas walked out at the same time when I hugged and thanked Jude for the present. 

"We should get to class Gen." Thomas informed.

"We really should get to class Gen." Jude replied as he looped his arm around mine and dragged me off to class.

The rest of the day went by like a traffic jam. What's new? Arriving home, I decided to take a dip in the pool to ease away the new troubles of becoming 18. 

"Ahh." I  gasped at the feeling of cold water as it touched my skin. Treading through the water and pretending to be a mermaid, I was interrupted by a figure emerging from the neighbor's 2nd floor window. 

"How's the dip mermaid?" 

"You're welcome to join if you want to Sangster."  I replied while floating on my back with my eyes closed. I heard a thump on the grass and the shuffling of leaves which was finally followed by a splash of water. Shaking my head in disappointment that he had fallen for the bait, I swam to the edge of the pool to dry off, but was caught at the waist by large hands that enveloped me into a hug. 

"Don't leave me love." Unable to deal with the bipolar emotions, I couldn't handle it. 

"Thomas we need to stop." I said unwrapping his arms from my waist and sitting on the stairs in the entrance of the pool. He gave me a puzzled look, clearly wanting an explanation.

"We're best friends. You're the bad boy. I'm the school nerd. Girls throw themselves at you and I walk around the halls trying not to get trampled. Everyone knows you. No one knows me. I don't know what to do with you anymore Thomas. You act like you're interested in me and hug me, kiss me, tell me everything's okay, and basically treat me like your girlfriend, when in reality, I don't know whether you're playing around or-"

"Genevieve." My eyes widened at his use of my full name. "I care for you. Deeply. No matter how far apart or close you are to me, or how annoying you find me, I will always be there for you. You know why? Because I know you. I know how you snore in your sleep when you're exhausted, and how you hate anything that has cinnamon in it, and even how you part your mouth when you see the sunset. You love white roses and tiger lilies. You love the way dew drops form on leaves after it snows. You love watching cheesy romance movies while sitting on your bed and calling the actors stupid even though all that you crave is pure love and dedication from someone in this godforsaken planet that we call home. I want to be that Genevieve. I want to be your anchor. I want to be your tissue box when you cry. I want to hold you in my arms when I go to sleep and wake up to your messy hair and grinning face in the morning. I love you Genevieve. No amount of words will ever express my feelings towards you. No matter how much you push me away, no matter how long you keep me waiting, and no matter how damn hard this relationship is going to get, I will make it possible for the both of us." 

I was speechless and in tears. Thomas Brodie-Sangster- a tortured soul and a broken human being- had just done something that no other human on this planet would have done in a million years. Together in a hug that felt like it could protect us from death itself, everything was still. 

"You're my glue Thomas." I said holding him tighter. "And I'm yours." 

</3