17. Sleepover

Oh. My. God. I can't stop smiling :D I'M BACK! I missed you all so so soo much, and I can't believe that this story has reached over 3.2K reads while I was gone! While I was gone, I started my Tumblr account- thepencilnerd, which I'm very proud and happy to say has reached 1.4k followers :) I've also been practicing writing on Tumblr, so I hope that my writing style has matured and developed more. AHHHHH! I CAN'T STOP SMILING! Please please please remember to check out my Tumblr account to know what I've been doing these past few months, and I hope that you all enjoy this new chapter <3 And as always, thank you all so much for your support. It means more than the world to me :) 

~

           A few days went by without any word from Jude or Thomas. You couldn't blame them- I chose to ignore them until I had made my choice. I had come to the conclusion that my life was a total, complete, and utter shithole. How do you choose between two amazing people? Let alone- 2 of my best friends. 

Walking downstairs, I felt as though my legs weighed 40 pounds. I trudged to the cabinet and poured myself a hearty bowl of cereal and planned out my day. Since it was the 2nd to last week of school, it meant that we had finals on Monday. It was Saturday. Crap. 

I decided to do what any sane person would- call their closest friend over to binge study before testing starts. 

"Ray?" I called. 

"Hey Gen," I heard her smile through the phone. "What's up?" 

"You know how finals are coming up like- on Monday? I haven't studied at all, so I was wondering if you could come over and help me cram study so I can actually pass 11th grade? And if we could have a sleepover?" I asked hopefully. 

"I was wondering when the honor roll title would crack. I'll be right over," she joked. 

Smiling like a giddy 7-year old that was about to have her first play date, I pulled out the snacks and cleared up any mess in my bedroom. A few minutes later, I saw Ray on our front doorstep with PJ's, sweatpants, her backpack and a fuzzy owl pillow. This girl was my savior. 

Greeting her with a hug, we followed routine and went upstairs. 

"So what's the problem Ms. Honor Roll?" she inquired, immediately reaching for the bag of Mini-Pop Tarts. 

"What?" I chuckled nervously. 

"Come on Genevieve. You're honestly the last person that would call me over for just a last minute study sleepover. Spill." Did everyone around me have a secret mind-reading ability that I was unaware of or am I just that utterly predictable?

Sighing, I gave up. "Jude and Thomas are the biggest-" I was cut off by her coughing and raising her eyebrow, pointing at herself, making me smile. "One of the biggest influences in my life," I continued while giving her a hug. "And they want me to choose between them."

"Really?" she gawked. "The two hottest guys in the entire school fighting over the hottest girl in the school? I didn't see that coming."

"Sarcasm isn't really helping in this situation Andraya! I don't want to exclude them from my life, but I need to choose someone to have a romantic relationship with. I can still be friends with one of them afterward, right?" I asked as I threw a pillow at her. 

"Yes you absolutely can," she grinned, fixing her glasses. "I wasn't joking about the hottest guys in the entire school part though."

"Who do I choose?" I reminded her of the topic that we were on. 

"Hmmm. Let's play a game, okay?" she offered. 

"Ray- what does me choosing between-"

"Just trust me." she assured. 

"Okay."

"Don't think, just answer."

I nodded. 

"Cats or dogs?" she asked. 

"Dogs." I answered immediately.

"Coffee or tea?"

"Coffee."

"Winter or Spring?" 

"Winter."

"Black or white?" 

"Black."

"Thomas or Jude?"

"Thomas." Throwing my hands over my mouth, Ray burst out laughing. 

"But-"

"No backsies!" she shushed. "The gods have spoken." 

"Who the hell taught you to be such a sneaky little spy? Ashley doesn't even know you're cooler than her. Why don't you just quit now?" 

"Me being her little bitch allows me to delve deep into her darkest sessions of plastic surgery. Also saying that I know her secrets inside and out. The day she crosses me or you will be the day she dies." 

Giving her an "are you done being serious Ray and can we go back to talking about normal girl stuff" look, in which she smiled giddily. 

"So. What's happened with you and Jude at the beach after we switched dates?" I wondered. 

"Nothing much. Turns out we have a lot in common. We read the same books, watch the same shows, hate the same people, etcetera."

"Does Ms. Wilson have a crush on someone?" I eyed, pretending to make out with my pillow before being shoved off of the bed. 

"I do not have a crush on him," she replied blushing. 

"It's okay Ray. He likes you too." I pointed behind her to my balcony and she turned around to see Jude smiling at her, then quickly got shoved away by Thomas, earning a giggle from the both of us. 

"Twins..." we sighed in unison....

~

Just gonna give you a heads up right meow- this story isn't THAT cliche to the point in which I'm going to make Ray the bitch in the later chapters, so don't worry. She's not going to turn evil XD Sorry if I spoiled/disappointed you :P I really hope that you guys enjoyed, and I am so happy to be back <3<3