2. You're Invited.

Remember to vote, comment, and add to you library for immediate updates:) ILY<3

~

Thomas' P.O.V.~

God. If I hear this girl talking about her "daddy's business" one more time, I'm gonna go bonkers.

How the hell do you deal with bimbos like this one? Sure we were "dating" because I thought she was a cute girl with a cute personality, but just looking at her made me want to vomit now.

                  I couldn't break up with her of course; me being in a relationship was the only thing keeping girls from flinging themselves at me like a horde of angry elephants. If I decided not to date Ashley a year ago, I'd be perfectly and conveniently happy.

I had a reputation for being bad. Throwing parties, riding a motorcycle to school everyday, skipping classes, and drinking was a normal routine for me. I'm still a virgin though which I'm quite proud about. I haven't even had my first proper kiss yet. By proper, I mean a kiss from a person that I genuinely love and have a desire for.

                Walking through the halls was once a joy; Being able to chat up a conversation with girls here and there, talk to guys about the game last night, or to even be allowed to use my locker. Now I have a militia of wannabe popular kids followed by cheerwhores and of course, the queen bee-atch, Ashley.

I liked a lot of girls, and I enjoyed talking to this one girl, but I didn't have the "permission" and I quote to talk to people of the opposite gender whilst I was in a relationship, according to Ashley. Jesus Christ that blondie drives me nuts. And not in a good way.

                 This girl I talked about was quite interesting. Even though she didn't stand out as much as Ashley or any other cheerleaders from this school, (which was a great thing) she seemed so- mysterious. Plain brown hair that looked healthy and luscious, brown eyes and perfectly smooth skin, she could have been a model.

Ironically, I've only dated twice; Firstly when I was in 2nd grade, and now. I guess 2nd grade didn't really count though. But I remember my 'relationship' crystal clearly. I was at church, (God forgive me) and I saw a little girl, about my age. She had bangs, curly hair, and was wearing a simple dark plum dress, and didn't look very happy. If I say so myself, she looked quite bored and out of it.

            After sermons, I would usually try and walk towards her to ask her what her name was, what school she went to, and if we could hang out more. Stalker-status Thomas. Her name was Jen, and I regret everyday that I lost contact with her. We did of course share our first kiss together at a group retreat. Heaven forbid that I say that I fell in love when I was a child.

        Foward-winding to present day and bad boy me, I haven't fallen in love yet. That's a blunt way of putting it isn't it? Genevieve seemed to capture my attention with how simple she was. She didn't seem to look like she wore any makeup, but her face just glowed.

During homeroom, Ashley talked me into throwing a party for her 18th birthday. I didn't want to do it, but I figured a good party once in a while never killed anyone. I hope.

~

Genevieve's P.O.V.~

Arriving to biology class, I sat down at my seat in the back of the classroom. Taking my stuff out, I waited for the room to fill up with angsty, noisy, and ridiculously annoying teenagers.

           As I was taking out my textbook, a cluster of popular kids walked into the room, with Thomas being in the center of it, but as always, looking bored out of his mind. His eyes caught mine, and I was unable to look away for what felt like a millennia.

"Hey Vivi," Ashley sugarcoated, snapping me out of my daze. "I'm having a party tonight for my 18th birthday, and figured I'd be a kind soul and invite you."

"You're joking, right?" I queued.

"Not. At. All." she forced a smile. "If you want to come, then here's the invitation," she said as she handed me a bright pink card. "And by the way," she said as she walked away to her seat. "Please do come." She managed to force out.

        I could smell from a mile away that she was somehow forced to give me an invitation, but by who? I didn't know anyone close to her.

My train of thought crashed as I looked up to see a pair of dark eyes staring at me from across my seat. I gasped lightly.

I saw Thomas chuckle lightly, showing his perfectly straight teeth and slight wrinkles. I immediately turned away, and pretended to search things from out of my backpack that hung onto my chair.

As soon as we finished learning about the molecular structure of a gluten molecule, I ran out as fast as my 5'6 frame could carry me, and went to lunch.

School lunch wasn't necessarily disgusting, but it just didn't taste as good as home food. On today's menu; Pesto pasta with a side of garden salad and your choice of an apple or a banana. With a carton of milk of course.

Grabbing my tray full of carp shit, I walked to my own little booth which consisted of one small table, and 2 chairs. No one tried talking to me. No one tried being friend with me. But why would I care? I graduate in a year and a half anyway. It was probably because of that blonde bimbo spreading rumors about me starting from middle school.

"Oh my god! Did you hear?! Genevieve has to attend this school on full financial aid just for the lunch program!" in 9th grade.

"How retarded is it that her dad didn't actually get shot on the street by a robber, but he actually just committed suicide because Vivi was so annoying and stupid?!" in 10th grade.

And the most recent one: "She's trying to steal my boyfriend!"

If I had a penny for every time she used Thomas as a trophy, I'd be the host of Jeopardy. 

           Picking at my salad and taking small bites of my pasta, I just didn't feel that hungry today for whatever reason. I couldn't get Thomas out of my mind. I slapped myself back into reality; He's the bad boy. Probably has a new girl to hook up with every night. Blondes on Mondays and brunettes on Wednesdays. Redheads on Friday if he was feeling a little sassy.

You gotta admit: With a face like that, it would only make sense if he got all the girls. I took a quick glance over to the popular table and discovered a tired looking Thomas staring at me. My eyes widened, and I immediately averted my eyes to the apple on my tray.

If you couldn't sense the sexual tension between me and Thomas, you could have sworn I was practicing Voodoo magic on the freaking apple. I was so concentrated on the apple, I didn't even notice the bell ring.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. All I remember is walking back home in the rain, and not having an umbrella.

I came home from school, drenched, and alone. Auntie must be at the hospital. As I was about to walk upstairs, I heard the phone ring. Answering it, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hello?" my aunt said.

"Hey Auntie." I said, slightly smiling. Hearing her voice made me happy knowing that I actually had family left in the world.

"Honey buns," she started. "I have some depressing news. I might have to stay at the hospital for another month. Working night and day shifts, so I may only be able to come home when you're at school."

"It's okay nana." I sighed. "A month can't possible be that long, right?"

"That's my positive girl." she cheered. "Oh. I have to go. Bryan's calling me. Talk to you later!" she said as she hung up.

After taking a shower and washing up, the next sentence that I produced with my own mouth surprised me myself: "What should I wear to the party?"

~

Semi-cliffhanger? What will happen at the party? You'll just have to find out! TTY L loves, and please vote!