Chapter 36

"I wanted to tell Vincent about Samuel and give him his son, but I knew Mark would kill him. So, I didn't....at least, I told him in secret." She explained, taking a sip of her hot chocolate.

I frowned, "Did anyone tell you the abuse Samuel went through?"

I didn't want to tell her this, but I knew she deserved to know. That way, if she hears anything or sees Samuel flinch or something, she'll at least know the reason. She frowned at me, her eyes mirroring pain.

"He...he abused him?" She whispered.

I nodded, "He did many horrible things to him, things that he should tell you when he's ready."

"Well, hopefully that will be some day." She sighed. "I don't see how he'll be able to forgive me."

"He will." I assured her.

"Well, considering the fact my father will kill me if I return...could I uh...stay here?" The vampire asked.

I looked at her, she looked very tired as she swayed a little. Evelyn frowned at her as well, concern sparkling in her eyes.

"Celia, are you okay?" She questioned.

The vampire, Celia, smiled softly. "I'm afraid my energy for the night or well, day is gone. I'd really love some rest."

"Right, well, come this way." My mother grinned.

We all followed her, the whole time I told Evelyn things about Samuel. She seemed broken hearted when she learned of his depression, but that quickly left as soon as she heard how happy he is. When Celia was in her room and we made it back to the sitting room the men still hadn't returned. It wasn't until one in the morning that my exhaustion finally caught up to me. By now, my mother and Evelyn were in their rooms, sleeping. I couldn't fall asleep with the concern coursing through my body.

I sighed, he's going to give me the cold shoulder when he returns. There's no doubt in my heart, and it slightly hurt. However, I know I deserve it. I glanced at the clock, frowning as it read 1:30AM. Finally giving in to my exhaustion I laid on the couch and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

.
.
.
.
.

"Well, now we'll be able to listen in on them. We didn't lose anybody, right?"

"Nope, I might need stitches for this though."

"Of course you do."

I peeled my eyes open to see my father and Vincent staring at a large gash in Vincent's leg. I felt a little sick at the blood and skin, but I held it down. My eyes landed on Samuel as he shook his head at his father.

"Really, dad?" He chuckled.

Vincent scowled at him, "Hey, you're injured too."

"Yes, but it's not from a trap." Samuel smirked.

Vincent rolled his eyes, but I could see the amusement in them. My father sighed, a yawn escaping him.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to shower and then retire to my bed. I've been away from my wife long enough." He spoke before leaving.

Vincent yawned as well, "I'm going to crash too, see ya tomorrow kid."

Samuel nodded, his eyes seeming tired. He sighed and started to walk up to our room as I started to doze off again. He probably won't care that I'm not up there, he seemed pretty pissed before he left. I sighed, welcoming the darkness.
My sleep was short lived, I was jolted away when someone burst into the room. I let out a small shriek and sat up, my eyes wide. I relaxed slightly when I saw a very panicky Samuel standing before me in nothing but his boxers.
He didn't say anything as he ran over to me and cradled me to his chest. I froze, why is he panicking? Did something happened?

"Why didn't you tell me you were in here?" He whispered against my neck. "I was so tired and focused on showering that I hadn't realized you weren't there until after."

"I was dozing off and then fell asleep." I replied. "Aren't you mad at me?"

He released a breath, "No, not after seeing them kill a woman in front of her mate."

I relaxed further and leaned my head against his chest. "You're not losing me, don't worry." I replied softly.

He sighed and kissed me on the head, "I'm sorry for what I said to you...I shouldn't have said that I hated you."

"And I shouldn't have said anything about you being an abusive asshole. I honestly have no idea why I even said that." I admitted. "I'm sorry."

He brought me closer, "I love you, I'd give my life up for you. You know that, right?"

I backed away and cupped his face, "Of course I do. I would do the same."

"No, I would sacrifice myself for you. You can just let me-

"No, I would sacrifice myself for you."

"No."

"Yes."

"You will never give your life up for me."

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Really, Arabella?"

"Really, now don't talk to me, I'm famous." I blurted out.

He frowned at me, "Are you high?"

"No! I'm pregnant you stupid Oreo face!"

"Oreo face?"

"I'm tired."

He laughed and kissed me on the forehead. "You are going to be the death of me and I won't be the death of you."

"I will be the death of you if you don't stop telling me what to do." I whispered before flicking him on the head.

A/N: Kind of fun chapter lol