Chapter 6

I stood outside of our bedroom, hesitant to walk in, my hand frozen on the doorknob. I took a deep breath before pushing the door open, the sight before me had my heartbreaking again. Samuel had his face shoved in a pillow, crying. I closed the door and went up to comfort him, but he growled lowly. I stopped, fear paralyzing me as I just stared at him. I brought my hand back to my body and sighed, my mind blank as I tried coming up with what to say.

"Get out." he snapped.

I frowned, I opened my mouth to speak, but he growled again. "Get. Out." he snarled.

My heart was pounding against my chest, my mind going crazy with thoughts of what to do. I attempted to speak again, but this time he sat up and glared at me. When he saw it was me though guilt clouded his eyes and he relaxed.

"I'm sorry...I thought you were-

"Emerald?" I blurted out without thinking.

He swallowed, "Yeah."

"Samuel, you can't blame her-

"I'm not...I just..." he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't want her seeing me like this...again. She gets so scared...I hate seeing her scared."

I smiled softly and hugged him, "It's okay, but you allow me to see you like this...why can't she?" 

"Because she...you know...she starts freaking out and panicking."

"Only because she knows how bad you can get, you allow your sorrow and pain to take over and it throws you into a wave of depression." I whispered, cupping his face.

He looked at me, "I'm sorry."

"There is nothing to be sorry for, you're still my mate and I still love you. I could careless about who you came from or what you are. You could be a full human for all I care, as long as I know you're safe and with me...I'll be happy." 

Tears ran down his cheeks as he looked down, "Besides Emerald, you're the only person to actually love me..." 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Samuel, look at me."

He reluctantly looked up, I shook my head at the thousands of tears rolling down his cheeks. "Your mother, your real mother loved you. If she didn't then she wouldn't have given birth to you, she got what she wanted, she made Mark feel pain. Your father, whoever he is, he would of loved you too. Who can't? I mean, sure, you're an asshole...arrogant...a pain in the ass....but you're the sweetest guy once someone gets through that wall of your's. Look at me, I marked and mated with you...we both put the past behind us and continued with our relationship. I know this is probably really hard for you, but I love you, Emerald loves you, hell, even my parents love you. 

If they didn't I'm pretty sure my father would have done something by now and as for my mother...I honestly have no idea what she would've done. She would have probably chopped off your balls or something. But the point here is, you don't need Mark or Lucia to love you. You have other people who do love you and who do care about you. Like Emerald said, you don't have to be related by blood for someone to love and care for you. Unlike them, we actually have hearts." I whispered, my own tears rolling down my cheeks.

The fear had gripped at my heart, the fear of losing Samuel to his depression. I was lied to most of my life, but at least my non-biological parents raised me with love. Even when they knew I wasn't theirs. I pulled Samuel against me and hugged him tightly, his arms wrapped around me as he cried into my shirt. I kept running my hands through his hair, trying to calm him down, but his sobs only grew stronger. After two minutes he was a crying mess, the sobs shook his body, tears soaked that part of my shirt. By the time he was done I could tell he was drained, both emotionally and physically. 

"Why don't you rest,okay? Just please...promise me one thing." I murmured.

He swallowed and looked at me with bloodshot eyes, "Y-yes?"

"You'll tell me whenever you're feeling horrible. You'll work through this and allow me to help you. Please? I can't lose you Samuel." I pleaded with him, my voice cracking at the dark thoughts. 

He nodded, "I promise."

I relaxed slightly and kissed him on the lips before allowing him to lay against the pillows. I pulled the blanket over him, I placed a kiss on his temple and started to walk away. I stopped when he grabbed my wrist and turned, his eyes were once again filled with tears.

"Can you promise me one thing?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"Don't leave me...or hate me...like Mark and Lucia. Please? I-I...if you do end up not loving me anymore then-

"Samuel, I will never stop loving you. The day I stop loving you is the day I die." I stated firmly. "But I promise, I'll never, ever leave you." 

He completely relaxed, "I love you, Arabella."

I grinned and sat on the bed, "I love you too, Samuel."

Author's note: Awweeeee a fluffy chapter <3

.

.

.

.

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!

Okay, my wonderful book minions, I'm having a huge burst of...idk...need? to keep on updating this book.

And if you read my other book, "Blackthorn Luna" I will be updating that tomorrow. Along with Rejected, Achilles' Luna and Toxic Love. ;)