Chapter 3

When we returned home later on it wasn't as pleasant, their parents were still in the same room. The minute we walked in was the minute they asked us to sit down. Emerald and Samuel refused to move, both of them looked at me for help. I folded my arms across my chest and stared at them with narrowed eyes, trying to figure out what game they were playing. Both their faces were blank, masking their true feelings. However, I could sense the hatred from them, it caused my canines to lengthen a bit. Anger filled me, but I pushed it aside and motioned for Emerald and Samuel to follow me. 

We sat down quietly, waiting for them to speak. Lucia hesitated before clearing her throat, "I understand why you three hate us so much." she spoke.

I wanted to roll my eyes, but resisted the urge. "And why is that?" I snapped.

Their father glared at me for a second, but once he saw me glaring back he looked away. Lucia seemed shocked by my question, I could see the gears turning in her head. 

"We weren't the greatest of parents, but we want to make it up to you." she whispered, looking at her children. "We're so sorry-

"Stop right there." I snarled, cutting her off.

Both of them stared at me with confusion, "Do you honestly think I'm dumb enough to fall for your stupid charade? You two are truly pathetic, I want to know the real reason you're here. Surely it's not to make amends when both of you look like bored dolls with sticks shoved up their asses." 

Emerald almost laughed as she looked down, I could feel the amusement from Samuel, but there was still fear rolling off of him. Their father suddenly snarled and stood up, he stalked over to me and grabbed me by my jaw. The second he did that was the second a growl was ripped from Samuel's throat. The next thing I knew Samuel's father was thrown across the room. Emerald and I snapped our eyes over to Samuel to see him fuming. I gently grabbed his arm and gave him a soft smile, he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. He then sat down, once again returning to his silent self. 

Lucia was shocked, she kept glancing between us and her mate who was struggling to stand up. Once he was on his feet he lunged for Samuel. I growled and grabbed him by his throat, I couldn't hold him up since he was way taller than me, but I could still strangle him. He growled and swiped his claws across my face. I ignored the stinging pain, it's nothing compared to the shit we just went through. 

"Don't you dare touch him." I snarled.

He growled and clawed my chest, I rolled my eyes before throwing him aside. I glanced down to see my shirt becoming soaked with blood already, I ignored it though. His father crawled to his feet again, his eyes now black.

"He deserved that." he growled.

I laughed, bemused with this whole situation. "You grabbed me by my jaw and Samuel's instincts took over. He was only trying to protect me." I spat out. "Clearly, you don't know what protection means. Considering you beat the shit out of your children...and the fact you actually have children." 

Emerald gaped at me, I smirked as I stared ahead. Lucia had a bewildered look plastered on her face, "That is no way a Queen should speak." she gasped, clutching her chest.

I looked at her with a straight face, "Does it look I care?" 

I grabbed Emerald and Samuel, already done with this bullshit. "I'm glad we had this talk." I voiced, smiling sweetly.

I then spun around and guided the two out, leaving the disgusting couple behind. 

Once we reached our room I closed the door and sighed, "I don't like them." I stated.

"That makes two of us." Samuel whispered.

I turned around to say something when he cupped my face, "He left bruises on your jaw." he murmured, stroking my cheek with his thump.

"They'll heal." I stated, smiling and kissing him.

He frowned, "But he hurt you."

"Yes, but he had done worse to you. You don't have...do...do you have scars? From..." I trailed off, hoping he would understand.

He sighed in defeat before pulling off his shirt, "Promise you won't freak out?" he asked, giving me a cautious look. 

I nodded, "Promise."

He slowly turned around and that's when I saw them, hundreds of scars scattered around on his back. I had tears pool in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away. I slowly walked up to him and gently traced the scars with my finger. 

"He did this to you?" I asked softly.

He nodded, "The knife was his favorite."

His voice shook with fear as he turned around, he looked down at the ground. I frowned, "Samuel, look at me." 

He stayed still.

I sighed and gently cupped his face, I made him look me in the eye. Pain. That was the only thing I saw in his eyes. My heart broke at the sight of him, he seemed so helpless as he stood in front of me. 

"He will never, ever, hurt you again. I'll make sure of it." I stated firmly, promising him. 

A stray tear rolled down his cheek, "What about you? He'll hurt you...that will still hurt me too." he asked, his voice low. 

I shook my head, "I won't let that happen. I promise."

A/N: Bada bing bada boom. Is that how you spell it? Oh well. Say hell yeah to girl power! Wonder who's going to be the one to end his parents.....hmmm....;)