Chapter 24

I sighed as I took down the tenth warrior, giving my father a pleading look. Samuel sat against the wall, clearly disapproving of this activity. He argued that I shouldn't be training when I'm pregnant, but I'm only a month pregnant and there is barely a bump. I ended up getting the doctor to explain to him that I can train and fight until I'm four months pregnant. Samuel still disagreed, but my father said it was just him being possessive and protective.
My mother even explained to me that my father was like this with her. He wouldn't even let her out of bed and add on how he felt guilty for taking advantage of her instead of telling her no.

"Can't say I didn't enjoy it though, I wanted him to just mark me, but...my wolf took control." She had explained. "He'll still apologize sometimes, that guilt won't leave him, but neither will I."

I smiled at their relationship, in a way mine and Samuel's are similar. But my mother and father started dating right when they found out they were mates where Samuel and I aren't even true mates. Well, not until we completed the mating.

"Arabella?"

I turned to see Samuel now standing beside me, frowning. "Are you okay?"

I smiled, "Sorry, lost in thought."

He chuckled and kissed me, "Your father had to go, your mother told him it was urgent. She now wants us down there too."

I nodded and grabbed my water before following him. We walked into the throne room to see my father standing there in shock and my mother smiling. Once she saw me she shrieked and ran over to me, I gasped as she pulled me into a hug.

When she let go I laughed, "Mom, are you okay?"

She grinned, her eyes shining with excitement. "You are going to be an older sister!" She announced.

I gaped at her, a smile quickly made its way to my face. "I wanted to tell you in a more...I don't know...well, better way, but I'm too excited! I've been trying to pregnant for years now, but for some reason my wolf rejected it. But the doctor found out it's because I had an old injury that needed healing. But now it's healed and my wolf isn't rejecting it anymore!"

"Your wolf can reject a baby?" I asked, bewildered.

She nodded, "No one truly knows how or why, but they believe the wolf can control it or something." She stated with a shrug.

I smiled and hugged her, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Now, we can both be hormonal bitches and murder our husbands together!" She cheered jokingly.

"I really don't like the sound of that." Samuel mumbled.

"Death would be the nicest thing compared to dealing with emotionally out of control she-wolves. Her mother threw me against the wall then locked me in the freezer for five minutes." My father sighed. "Then proceeded to throw a car at me. Pregnancy gives them crazy strength."

Samuel gaped at my mom, meanwhile my mother and I had evil grins on our faces.

I looked at my mom, "You should try throwing him out the window."

"No! The only windows you're allowed near is the computer version." Samuel stated.

I rolled my eyes, "So, I can now bitch slap you with a computer. Awesome."

He gaped at me, "You're insane."

"Thank you."

I grinned and kissed him on the cheek, I highly doubt I'll do anything that crazy. I'll most likely cry and then steal his food.

My mother and father decided to spend the day together while Vincent and Samuel planned for the Ryker attack. Leaving me alone, for the whole rest of the day.
I sighed as I searched for ideas for the baby's room. I didn't want to go with the  classical pink or blue thing. Maybe yellow or green. I jumped slightly when arms wrapped around me, soft kisses were pressed to my neck.

"What are you doing?" Samuel whispered.

I grinned, "Designing the baby's room."

Samuel sat beside me and wrapped his arm around me, I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Thought you were going to be planning for the rest of the day." I yawned.

He shrugged, "Vincent ended up having a date with a she-wolf. Emerald wanted to play match maker."

"Who's this she-wolf?"

"She's one of the warriors here. Her mate died a few years back and she has been searching for the one. And well...Vincent developed a little crush on her."

I chuckled, "Good for him, he needs some love in his life."

"Yeah, hopefully she'll help him move on from my mom. Emerald explained everything to the she-wolf, but not in detail. That basically his one love died as well." Samuel said, nuzzling his face into my neck.

I smiled more, "Are you feeling better?"

"Well, yeah, the stomach flu-

"No, not the stomach flu." I said, cutting him off.

He froze and looked at me, he knew exactly what I meant. He let out a breath and cuddled with me on the couch.

"I don't know." He whispered honestly. "Who knows when I'll be safe from myself."