ch 13 the ring

Arawen pov

I look down at legolas who is on one knee asking for my hand in marriage. I can't help but start to tear up. They are not bad tears but tears of happiness and love. I stare at him for a moment to build the suspense and then I blurt out YES!! A MILLION TIMES YES!! I would love to marry you legolas.

Legolas and I stare at each other and he takes the ring out and puts it on my finger I hug him as best I can and then a tang of pain runs up through my leg. And then I fall legolas is looking at me with a look of shock and then bang something hits my head and I hear legolas struggling to get to me I feel that I am being pulled away.

Legolas yells Arawen watch out. I feel my senses come back to me and then I quietly grab my sword and stab whatever is behind me. I look and it is an orc. I grab my horn that is used to call emergencies and I blow. I hear the elf in charge of the horn for tonight call back.

I stand up as fast as I can. My leg hurts pretty bad. I look at it and my protective cast is on shreds. My head hurts and I am partially cripple. I look around and see legolas laying there. I go to him and try to figure out what's wrong. He looks terrible and the bam everything goes black.