ch.10 love in the air

Legolas' pov

Arawen and I walk out of the healers area and walk into the hallway and out the front doors. We begin to walk down the path toward the river.

I notice arawen's sparkling blue eyes and golden brown hair taking in the sunshine and the beautiful trees.
I then notice how beautiful she is when she is unguarded.

Arawen asks me... have you ever wondered what it would be like to just be free...

I answer her yes I have!

She then says Well why don't we make the best of our free time today and have fun!

I tell her that I will race her to the river.

Your on she says!

We start to run and I here her yell Nîdh! (Ouch)

I stop and turn around and see her on the floor with tears streaming down her face. She is trying to hold them in but she is in a great deal of pain.

I rush over to her and kneel by her.
I ask her are you okay but she is in such great pain that she is having trouble getting the words out.

I swiftly carefully and quickly pick her up and run her into the castle. She has her head nestled in the corner of my arm but the tears are still coming. My heart is breaking that she is hurting so much but I tell myself you must be strong for her.

I whisper in her ear I wish I could take the pain away but I can't but what I can do is as soon as your better we will go be free in the woods and we will have fun by the river I promise! I get no response but I know she is saying yes past those tears.

We finally arrive at the royal intensive care unit. The healers immediately see me rushing in and they say Hîr vuin what can we do for you? Are you injured sir.

I anwser them in a hurry no but she is!!

They look at Arawen and say she is not royal Hîr vuin why is she here?!

I give them the look and tell them that if they don't take Arawen and help her that I will personally have them fired and or executed if necessary.

They immediately tell me we are sorry. We ask your full forgiveness. They tell me to bring Arawen to my private room in the ricu. I lay her on the bed and they begin to examine her. They finally tell me that she is going to have to have surgery.

I tell them okay but to be sure that she is taken good care of because if anything happens to her I would never forgive them or myself for that matter.

The healer reassures me she will be fine.
As they prepare her for surgery I lay a kiss in her lips but she is not able to do the same because the medicine for her surgery had already put her to sleep.