ch.12 The Picnic

Dedication: aWoodElfCaptain
This chapter is dedicated to aWoodElfCaptain for the amazing advice she has given me and for reading my story all the way through and being brave enough to comment to make this book better!

Enjoy Daisy!!!

Arawen's pov

Legolas carries me out the door and my eyes catch two beautiful white horses with long flowy manes. One if them has a special stirrup to hold my leg in. I think in my mind how sweet. So I look over to legolas and he says look at the ground. I see a blanket near the river with food.

I look at him with tears of joy and say THANK YOU!! SO MUCH!!

He has such a look of satisfaction on his face.

Legolas carries me over to the picnic. We eat and we talk about everything and anything. To be perfectly honest we didn't want this day to end.

We finished eating and legolas helped me on my horse. He strapped my leg in with the utmost care and then he hoped on his horse and we took off on our fun ride.

We rode on for what seemed like hours.

I was just taking in everything that was out here. The beautiful trees the flowers and the lovely sounds of the river.

Legolas pov

I watch Arawen as she is taking in all the beauty little does she know where we are going and what going to happen.

We walk towards the river and leave the company of the large towering trees of Mirkwood and cross the lovely river over to the special place. It is getting dark and arawen has expressed feelings of maybe heading home but I tell her that we are safe and that I still have something special for her.

I can see the lights of place we are going. I tell Arawen to look over there and she asks me what is it? I tell her that it is where we are going.

We finally reach our destination. I mount off of my horse and tie tyhe horse up. I go over to Arawen who is struggling to get her leg out of the special stirrup. And help her down we walk together hand in hand and look up at the stars.

We never truly got to see the stars but tonight we do and it is perfect. We reach the gazebo. I look over at Arawen and I kneel. I pull out the ring and say....

Arawen will you marry me?