Chapter 42

Blake runs his fingers across my stomach in a repetitive motion, making patterns. "It's crazy how big you got. I mean you're not that big but you're getting there." He looks at me. "Your boobs are big too." He chuckles. "Well, I'd imagine so, being that they'll be providing milk for someone." I laugh. "I don't want to go. I just want to chill. Go get something to eat." He sighs and lays his head on my chest. "Would be nice." I say as I play with his curls. "Ford is usually awake by now. Did you look in on him?" I ask.

"Yeah. He's sleeping still. He'll be up in a bit. Why are we even up before him?"

"After I called into work I couldn't go back to sleep. Then you start talking to me out of no where."

"You woke me up when you were talking loud as hell on the phone."

"Whatever, I was not." I laugh.

"It's alright. I want to spend time with you before I leave anyway."

"What time is your flight?"

"At 4pm."

"Where you going after you guys play New Orleans?"

"Houston then to Chicago. We won't be back till Sunday."

"You're gonna be gone 5 days? That sucks."

"Yeah, but we won't have another game for a couple of days when we get back. We could get started on Blaine's nursery."

"Sounds good. What are we doing till 4?"

"Wanna go get something to eat? I told DJ and some of the other guys I'd meet em' at 10."

"Suure."

Blake, Ford and I arrive at the restaurant before everyone else. "It's the Griffins." Is all I hear when DJ and the others walk up. DJ and Blake do their personalized handshake, which is ridiculous. "Aaliyah." He stares me down before giving me a hug then sits down by Ford. "How goes it, bro?" J.J. Redick greets Blake with a handshake. "Good, bro." Blake replies. "And the missus." He gives me a hug. "Ford, buddy." He gives Ford a handshake. Ford already has all this stuff down. "BG." Chris Paul greets Blake with a handshake as well. Men and their handshakes. "Aaliyah, how you been? Probably not good, huh?" He gives me a quick hug before sitting down. "Um, I'm pretty good actually." I laugh. "I'm just saying, because Jada was always grouchy when she was pregnant." He laughs. "But that's good. Looks like Blake lucked out. Women are monsters when they're pregnant." He jokes. "Heh, we'll see." Blake says. I scowl at him. "Ha, see. Knew you were lying." Chris puts me on the spot. We all burst into laughter. "So, Aaliyah. How's Jess?" DJ asks. "Nope." I cut him off. "Damn." DJ laughs. "I was just asking." He adds. "She's fine." I answer. "You ain't lying." He chuckles. I smile and shake my head.

Blake drops me off at my house after strolling with them in the city all after noon. "I'll call you later. I love you." Blake says. "Ok. I love you too." We kiss. "Later, Ford." I look back at Ford in the back seat. "See you later, Aaliyah." He says back. I get off the car. I don't know if I should tell Jess about DJ or not? When I get to the house I find that the door is locked. The house is empty, Desi and Liam aren't home. Hmm? I text her to let her know I made it home then call my mom.

"Hello?" My mom answers in a sing songy voice.

"Hey, mom." I laugh.

"What are you doing? I thought you were going to call after the appointment, what happened?"

"Uh, I went over to Blake's."

"Oh my god, Aaliyah."

"Well, you sound not happy."