Chapter 25

2 months later..

"Hey, you ready? We're almost there." Amber says on the other end of the phone. "Yeah." I reply. "Okay, be there in a bit." She ends the call. It's been two months since the break up. Even though Blake and I aren't together anymore I'm still cool with DJ and Amber. They've invited me to come with to some birthday party. I get to bring Jess as well, I refuse to be a third wheel. "You're ready right?" I ask Jess who is standing in front of the mirror touching up her hair. "Yes." She replies. A horn honks outside. "Hurry the fuck up. C'mon." I rush her. We grab our purses and head for the door.

        The party is pretty lit. It's loud with music, people are either  grouped up talking or dancing. Some people are in the pool swimming tossing a huge beach ball around. There's a shitload of food and an open bar. DJ and Amber make a plate while Jess and I get drinks. "It's pretty fucking packed in here." Jess says over the music. "Is that Amber Rose over there?" I ask. Jess squints to get a better look. "Yep, that's her. I should've known by that coke bottle figure."

"Let's go get a picture." I grab her by her hand and drag her with me. I tap Amber on the shoulder. She turns to look at me. "Hi, I fuckin love you. Can we take a picture together?" I ask her in her ear. "Girrrlll, yes." She smiles. We take a few selfies together. I immediately post them to my instagram. The caption is simply multiple emojis with heart eyes. "Thanks." I tell her.

"You're welcome. You're really pretty, what's your name?"

"Aaliyah."

"You look familiar. I feel like I've seen you somewhere before."

"Um, I'm not sure..?" I laugh, confused.

"Aren't you Blake Griffin's girl?"

"No, we were just friends." I lie.

"Girl, don't lie. I remember seeing cute pics of you two on the gram before."

I just laugh nervously. I kind of feel uncomfortable at the topic. "Yeaah.. Do you want to do some shots with us?" I ask her, changing the subject.

"Sure, Lets!"  She says over the music. We grab shots and pass them around. We down 3 in a row. As I set the shot glass down on the bar I accidentally elbow somebody standing behind me. I turn around to apologize. "Oh, my gosh, I'm sorry." I laugh nervously. The person who took the unintentional elbow is the Game. "It's okay. We good, we good." He tells me. "This is, Aaliyah." Amber Rose tells him. "Aaliyah? Beautiful name, really beautiful. I guess all Aaliyah's are gorgeous." He smiles at me. "Thanks.." I'm not sure how to take the compliment. "Who you here with?" He asks. "Um, I came with my friends DeAndre Jordan and his girlfriend Amber. This is my friend Jess." I introduce them. They shake hands. "How do you two know DeAndre Jordan?" He asks.

"She's Blake Griffin's girlfriend." Amber tells him.

"No we're just friends." Not really. We're nothing.

"Nice to meet you both. Come chill with us." He invites us over to join him and his entourage. He invites Amber Rose as well. We sit, get drunk and bullshit with them for the rest of the night. I get a text from Amber asking if we're ready to go. "Well, our ride is leaving, so we better get going. It was nice chilling with you all.." I tell them. "Nice meeting yall too, Later." We hear scattered good byes from the people at the table as I excuse Jess and I. "Aaliyah." Amber Rose calls me back over. "Whats your number? We should hang out again sometime." I give her my number. The Game approaches, "Me too?" He asks with his smile. "Ooooh. Get it." Amber Rose says, I just smile as I feel my face turn red. I write my number down again and hand it over to him. "Cool, cool. You'll be hearing from me. Soon." He says. "Later." I smile. We walk to find DJ and Amber. We find them waiting by the door. "How dare you ditch us." DJ jokes. "Sorry." I apologize. "Nah, it's cool. I'm playing." He says as we walk out the door. "I'm telling Blake." He adds. "Ha, your funny." I say sarcastically. We get in the car and head home. It's pretty quiet. Jess is passed out, Amber and DJ are both on their phone. "Do you hate Blake, Aaliyah?" DJ asks out of nowhere, he looks up from his phone. I can tell he's kind of drunk.