Chapter 38

"That's kind of weird." I say to Blake as we lay there in his big ass bed. He's laying on his stomach trying to go to sleep. I'm laying on my side with my left leg resting on his backside. "Hmm?" He says tiredly. "That Gia named her baby a B name. Like, was she really that sure that you were the baby's dad?" I'm more speaking to myself than to him. I sit and think for a minute. "I don't know that's just weird." I break away from my thoughts for fear that I might overthink too much and come up with some bullshit that'll fuck me up. "Blake?" I rub his back. "Hmm?" He barely responds. I can tell he's tired but I don't want him to go to sleep. I guess I'll just be that annoying girlfriend and bug him until he gives me attention. "You sleeping?" I ask. "Yeah... I'm in a really deep sleep right now." He says with a touch of sarcasm. I ignore him and run my fingers through his hair then rub his back. My hand moves down further and I rub his butt. "What are you doing?" He laughs. "Rubbing your bubble butt." I reply. "Stop." He laughs. "Well wake up and pay attention to me. Love me." I playfully beg. He turns to his side so that we're laying chest to chest. He puts his arm around me and pulls me close. He gives me a kiss on the lips and on my forehead. "But I do love you." He simply says with a smile. "I'm just tired, baby." He rests his head on the pillow and closes his eyes. "Go to sleep then, punk." I reach over and grab my phone. "Do you need help getting to sleep?" He asks. "Mhm.." I trail my fingers from his chest to his abs. "There's Unisom in the cabinet downstairs." He tells me. I scowl at him to which he laughs. "You're an ass." I get up from the bed. He grabs me before I can go anywhere and pulls me back on the bed and into his lap. "I love you, Aaliyah." He gives me a kiss. "I love you too." I smile. "Now, come here.." He lays back and pulls me on top of him. "Tire yourself out." He puts his hands behind his head.

After I get my nut I lay down. Blake looks at me. "What about me? I'm not done." He laughs. "Mm-mm. I'm tired now." I turn over on my stomach. "Nope." He gets on top of me. He kisses my shoulder, trailing them down my back. He positions himself between my legs. I bury my face in the pillow as he enters me. My moans muffled by the pillow. With every stroke and thrust his long thick erection fills me. He groans as he comes in me. "Fuck." He lays down and let's out a big sigh. "Can you get me some tissue? Please." I ask.
"No. Give my seed some time to plant." He gets himself comfortable on the bed and closes his eyes. "Blaake.." I laugh. "5 more minutes." He continues to lay there. "Hurry." I push him. He laughs. "Alright. Hold on." He gets up.

A few weeks later.. And a few days before Christmas..

I sit in the bathroom of my mom's house, patiently waiting. Well, not really, stuff like this makes me impatient. It's only been 30 seconds of the three minutes. Blake texts.

BG: What does it say?

I guess I'm not the only impatient one here. I pick up a magazine that's laying on the floor and read an article to kill time. I never thought that three measly ass minutes could feel like an eternity. Blake texts again.

BG: ?

Fuck it. I grab the pregnancy test and look at it. All I see is a pink tiny plus sign. I text Blake back.

Me: positive.
BG: Yess. We did it. Literally.
Me: Yep. And now we can stop.
BG: Funniest thing you ever said.
Me: Seriously.
BG: Can we just pretend we're still trying to get you pregnant?
Me: let me think about it...
Me: No.
BG: three times a week?
Me: one.
BG: two?
Me: I suppose.. But when I start getting big I think we should stop.
BG: agreed. Although, I'd still hit. Lol.
Me: smh.
BG: I got to leave for practice now. I love you. See you soon.

I grab the pregnancy test and look for my mother. "Mom?" I call out for her. "In here." I hear her voice coming from the kitchen. She's getting supper started. "So, this happened." I show her the pregnancy test. "Aaliyah." She gasps. Her hand covers her mouth, she's clearly in awe. "Don't cry, mom." I give her a hug. "I'm sorry. I just thought that you were hell bent on not trying again. It just broke me when you said you weren't going to. How come you didn't tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"An early Christmas gift, that's for sure. I'm happy for you baby."

"Thanks mom. Who'd have thought trying to have a baby could take so much time and effort..."

"Stop, right there. Say no more. I don't want to hear anymore. Set the table."

"Okay." I laugh.

After supper I sit and wait for the Clippers game to come on. There's a knock at the door and Desi comes walking in. "Heeyy.. What are you doing?" I ask. "Nothing. My moms being a bitch. Is it cool if we stay the night?" She asks. She's carrying sleepy little Liam, her son. "Sure." I reply. "Where can I lay him?" She asks. "Lay him in my room. It's a king size, I'm sure we can all fit."

"Okay. Thanks." She goes to lay Liam down and comes back out.

"Where's Scott?"

"I don't know and I don't care." She says as she hangs her coat up on the coat rack.

"You guys are officially done then, huh?" I ask. She joins me on the couch.

"Yep. Good riddance. We don't need him."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. It's going to be tough but you're strong. Just know that I'm here if you need anything."

"Thanks, Aaliyah."

"I have to tell you something."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Nuh-uh... Really?"

"Yeah. I took a pregnancy test earlier. I'm going to set up an appointment when I get back to Cali."

"Congratulations, Miss 'I'm not having kids till I'm thirty-five'. Remember that? You always used to say that when we were younger."

"Yeah. I remember. Things change when you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with."

"Well, you're the last one to have kids out of us three. That's good enough."

"True. You guys are sluts!" I joke.

"Fuck you." She laughs. There's a moment of silence as we watch the game start. "Hey. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I reply.

"I know this is probably asking a lot, but I have to ask because I just miss you and I feel like we're not as close as we used to be anymore.. And I think it's what's best for Liam. For us both actually. Can we come live with you?"

"Of course.. I could use-- well I have Jess and Merce but I could use more company around when Blake is away. It's always nice to have good company. But other than that I'm usually never home when he's home.. I mean, isn't that why you left in the first place?"

"I know. But I understand now that we're grown and we have our own lives and our own things going on. Just as long as we can break bread at the end of the week."

"I'm with that. Your my bitch."

"Thanks. We really need this."

"But you're not just trying to leave and get away from Scott are you?"

"No. I'm just trying to redeem myself. I can't do that here in shitty old South Dakota. There's more opportunity out there. And like I said I miss you. Now that I know you're pregnant I want to be there for you... Because, girl, you do not know what you're in for."

"After the miscarriage I'm in for all of it.. The good, the bad, the ugly. Everything."

"And we're with you every step of the way. I can't wait. This new year is going to be the best. I already know."

"Agreed."

That night Blake gets a triple double. Things could not be going any better for us. But as usual.. Something always fucks it up..