Chapter 16

I pull up to the enormous vacation house. I put my car in park beside the many others that are here. I take a few deep breaths. I decided to dress casual. I wear a white tee with some blue jeans and my grey nike roshe shoes. I have definitely succumbed to the nervousness. I hope I leave a good impression on Blake's parents. Blake comes out and meets me at my car. He's wearing a tank with some trunks. I get out, he greets me with a tight hug. "I missed you. I'm sorry the past week has been hectic." He says to me. "I missed you too. It's ok, I understand you can be busy with your career. Let's just try to enjoy ourselves while we can." I tell him. "Ditto." He grabs my bag and we head inside. Blake sets my bag down by the door. The house is just as nice on the inside as it is on the outside. The natural light shining in from outside compliments the neutral color scheme as it bounces off the walls and gleams on the wood floors. The living room is huge with high beamed ceilings. He leads the way to the dining room where I hear chatter and silverware clinking on plates. "Ahem." Blake clears his throat making our presence known. Everyone looks in our direction. "Hello." Blake's mother greets me. "Mom this is my girlfriend, Aaliyah. Aaliyah, this is my mother Gail." He introduces me. I shake hands with her. "Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Griffin." I smile. "And this is my dad, Tommy. Dad, this is my girlfriend, Aaliyah." He introduces me to his father. "Nice to meet you." I say as I shake his hand. "Nice to finally meet you too." He replies. Blake scoots out a chair for me to sit down. "Do you want me to get you something to eat or drink?" He asks. "Um, a water is fine, thank you." I'm not really hungry right now. I stopped at a store on the way and ate junk food. "You sure?" He asks. "Yes." I reply. "I'm just going to get you a plate too." He says as he heads in to the kitchen. "So, you're the one who has my baby boy ready to settle down, huh?" His mom says. "Ohh, she's saying that because we've never seen Blake act like this over a woman before. Everything had to be perfect before you came. And we're not allowed to say certain things." His dad laughs. "Really?" I'm not sure what to say. "Yeah, you're beautiful I see why you have him on his toes." His mom compliments. "Thanks." I smile. It's kind of awkward becausehis baby moms is sitting on the other side of the table. "So, what do you do for a living?" She asks. "I'm currently enlisted in the marines. That's what I'm doing for now." I tell her. Blake re-enters the dining room with my plate and water in hand. He sets it down in front of me and sits beside me.

"That's awesome. Well, thank you for serving our country. If you don't mind me asking, what are your plans for after your career with the military?" She asks.

"Um, I actually have a degree in sports medicine. I might as well put that to use." I say jokingly. To my surprise they laugh. We talk a bit longer before they excuse themselves from the table. "They like you." Blake says to me. "Really?" I say. He nods with his cute smile. We're the only two still sitting at the table. I think to myself why Blake  hasn't really introduced Brynn and I? "You're not hungry?" He asks staring at my untouched plate. "No, I stopped and grabbed some junk food on the way up. Totally regretting it though because this all looks delicious." I tell him.

"We're going to get the grill started in a couple hours. Save your appetite."

"Is everyone staying in this house?"

"My parents and a few others are staying in a hotel nearby."

"What are the plans for tonight?" I ask.

"Um, just chill. For right now. Some of the others were going wine tasting if you want to go, you can."

"Nah, wine ain't my cup of tea. Where's the liquor at?"

Blake's eyes get wide. He laughs. "No, it's too early for that."

"I know, I'm kidding. My thing is though, it's too early for liquor but it's okay to have wine?"