Chapter 6

Work is such a drag today. I just want to go home already. I still haven't gotten the chance to say anything to the girls about what happened lastnight. Blake hasn't texted yet either. I decide to shoot him a text.
Me: Wyd?
15 minutes passes before he texts back.
BG: I was just about to text you. I wanted to let you know that I'm gonna be pretty busy so I can't kick it today. I'll double make it up to you.
Me: Is everything okay?
BG: Yeah, just some personal issues that need sorting out. And practice.
Me: Okay. Well text me whenever.

The work day has finally come to an end. I head home and see the girls sitting on the porch stairs. I glare at them as I approach them. "No Blake today?" Desi asks. "Nope, you two scared him off." I reply jokingly. They both gasp and sarcastically grab their chests as if my words somehow hurt them. "We scared him off? Please honey, maybe it's because you're holding out on the pussy." Nicki jumps in. "Fuck you. Sorry I don't jump on the dick on the first date." I argue back. Nicki just laughs and flips me off. "No, but really though. Why'd you guys say that after I told you not to say anything crazy." I ask. "Because we're just looking out for you. You're a woman who is to be respected and treated like a queen. Not walked all over and be cheated on. We watch basketball wives. We just wanted him to know that." Desi explains. "Basketball wives? Wow." I scoff and laugh. "Okay and I appreciate that and I'm well aware of his career and status, but I think you went a little far with the whole 'chopping off the man parts'. I'm not a wife. We're not even a week into our relationship. And I'm sure I made it clear at the beginning of our relationship that I am a respectable woman. Thanks but no thanks. I got this." I try to reassure them. "Don't be saying we weren't there for you when something does go down. We tried to be." Desi says with a touch of anger in her tone. "I didn't say it to offend you at all. I'm sorry if it did. I don't know what's gonna happen in this relationship. Maybe we'll work out, maybe we won't. I just want you to know that I got this. If I get hurt then I get hurt. Let me learn my lesson if it is one." I say as I look on into the distance. I look over at Desi. She puts her hands up as if to surrender. "Ok. Just know that we got you're back no matter what." She replies. "And you're not gonna say 'I told you so' and make me feel like a dumb ass if some shit does go down?" I ask. "I won't." She laughs. "Okay, lets go get something to eat. I got some money." I offer. "Yes, we've been in this house for too long." Nicki says excitedly as she gets up. We head inside to get ready.

We go to see a horror film. After its over we drive to find a place to eat. "Damn I swear Nicki was the loudest bitch up in there." Desi says with a laugh. "Bitch you both know I don't do horror movies." She reminds us."Got me feeling in the Halloween spirit though." I say excitedly. "It's too early for all that." Nicki disagrees. "Whatever Debby downer." I cut her off. "Whats goin on with you and bae though? Details." She asks curiously. "Nothing. He's got practice and some personal issues to handle. I told him to text whenever he can." I tell them. "Has he texted at all?" She questions again. "No. Should I be worried or something?" I ask. "Well it must've been really personal whatever it was. He'll text when he's available." Desi says. We find a spot to eat. As we're eating I find myself checking my phone every now and then. "I see you checking your phone alot. Worried much?" Nicki asks. "I know. I don't know why I let you bitches get in my head all the damn time." I say frustrated. "Because we're your sister/besties and you trust us. We didn't mean it like he was cheating or something though. If he says he has business to handle then the man has business to handle. Like I said he'll text when he can. Stop worrying. You have to be able to trust this man if you're gonna be in a serious relationship with him. Its too damn early to be having trust issues. He hasn't even given you a reason to not trust him. Stop being crazy Aaliyah." Desi advises. I sigh. "I know you're right." I agree. We finish eating and head home.
We all chill in my room. We talk and gossip about home. "Enough of all that bs. Tell us, what do you like most about Blake so far?" Desi asks. "Um, his smile and his humor." I smile as I think of him. "Oooh he got her smiling and he ain't even here!" Nicki puts me on the spot. We all laugh. "I'm happy for you though. I hope it does work out for you two. Y'all are cute together." Desi says. Nicki nods in agreement. We're all crashed out on my bed just before midnight. Still no text.
I get an early start and head to work. The day seems to be going fine so far. My coworkers are in a good mood as well. As lunch time approaches I text the girls to meet me for lunch. I hurry over to meet them and because I'm hungry and want to enjoy my meal. The girls are already there when I arrive. "Hey we waited for you to get here to order. And because we're broke and wanted to make sure you made it so you could pay." Desi admits. "Fuckers." I laugh. We're served our beverages and place our orders. "No text from Blake yet?" Nicki asks. "Nope." I try to say nonchalantly. "Are you gonna text him?" She continues. "No, he can text whenever he's available. I'm not gonna bother him and interrupt whatever's goin on." I reply. Our lunch consists of us laughing at stupid shit. "Well we'll see you when you get home. Have a good rest of the day at work." Desi says as we part ways after lunch. I give them money to spend on whatever so they won't be so bored at home.
My drive home from work is smooth. Today was a good day, work wasn't so bad, everybody seemed in a good mood. I get home and see a note on the counter from the girls saying they went to find a gym to work out at. Now it's gonna be fucking boring. I would go look for them but I just want to relax right now. I lay down and read a book I've been meaning to finish. A few hours pass with out me realizing. I call the girls and ask their whereabouts. They're on their way home with some take out.
After eating I go to sleep early so I can feel well rested and refreshed as much as I was today. It's 9 o'clock and I feel exhausted. So exhausted that I have no trouble getting to sleep.
I'm awoken by the vibrating and ringing of my phone. I answer half awake.
"Hello?"
"Aaliyah?"
"Yeah."
"It's Blake. Were you sleeping?"
I look at the clock, its two in the morning.
"Yeah, its like two in the morning."
"I'm sorry for waking you."
"It's okay."
"Um, I'm outside your house right now. Think you could come down and see me? If you're too tired then I understand. I'll just come see you tomorrow."
"No, its fine, I'll be down in a minute."
I rush to brush my teeth and fix my hair. I put sweats and a sweater on and head downstairs. As I walk out the door I see Blake standing at the bottom of the steps. "Hey" I greet him. "Hey" he smiles and gives me a tight hug and kisses me. "Whats up?" I ask. "Nothing, I just wanted to see you." He says. "Thanks for texting." I say sarcastically. "You could've texted. It's two ways to the phone line." He sounds annoyed. "Well, damn. Sorry." I laugh a little. "Don't be." He replies coldly. "Oookay? Whatever I'll just see you tomorrow or whenever." I begin to walk inside. "No, hey, wait, wait, wait, wait." He grabs me by my arm as I'm about to go back inside. He pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. Its just some shit that happened earlier that still has me pissed off. I was hoping that seeing you would make me feel better. And it has. I just reminded myself that whole bullshit situation when you brought up texting. I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you." He kisses my forehead. "It's okay, I understand. We all go through some tough times." I tell him. "You wanna sit down?" I gesture towards the steps. "Yeah." We sit down on the steps. "You want to talk about it? Get it off your chest." I offer a listening ear. He stares off into the distance. I can tell he's bothered by something. "Just some shit going on with my son's mother. She took me to court asking for money. She said that I don't text or call to see how he's doing. Which is total bullshit. I said.." He stops himself and laughs a little. "What I said to you a little bit ago. 'That its a two way line to a phone, she could text me and give me updates too.' I do text. She just never responds to them. I know my son is in good hands with his mother. I got him every other week or weekend. She's trying to make me out to be the bad guy. I don't know. I just want to see my son." He says as he crosses his arms, rests them on his knees and buries his face in them. I get up and kneel down in front of him on the lower step. I rest my hands on his arms and rub his shoulders. "I'm sorry you have to go through this. Everything is going to be okay. You'll see your son again. She can't keep him from you. No one can. That's your baby too." I try to make him feel better. He lifts his head up from his arms and pulls me in for a hug. We were hugging for a while before I feel him kissing on my neck. I back up to look at him. He looks back at me. We kiss, I feel his tongue in my mouth. He starts rubbing on me everywhere. This is too much for me... Should I? Fuck it. I pull away as we're making out. "I'm sorry." He apologizes. "Do you want to come up to my room?" I ask. He smiles. "You sure?" He asks. "Yes." I reply. I stand up and help him up off the steps. We head inside and go straight to my room. We continue making out as soon as we get in my bedroom. I take my sweater and sweats off, we continue to kiss, he backs me into my bed and I slowly lay down as he gets on top of me. I'm just wearing a sports bra and boxers. He's wearing a white tee and some Jordan ball shorts. His cologne smells good as always. He begins to kiss my neck and chest. I haven't felt a touch like this in a while, I can't help but to moan. He takes his shirt off. He kisses on my neck again. He stops to take off my boxers and panties. He trails kisses from my chest to my lady. It feels so good I squirm and squeeze his head a little with my legs. My toes curl and I come. I can tell he's turned on as he licks up the come. He gets up and grabs something from his pocket. He gets back in bed and I see what he got from his pocket. A gold wrapped condom. He gets back on top of me and pulls his shorts down. I watch as he springs free. Every inch of him. He puts the condom on and lowers himself so that we're aligned just right. He kisses me as he inserts himself into me. I let a gasp as he enters. He shushes me as he kisses my neck. He slowly begins thrusting. I moan louder as he picks up his pace. He kisses me when I moan as if to quiet me. I dig my nails in his back as he goes deeper and deeper. He lowers his upper body so that were chest to chest. "Take this off." He pulls on my sports bra. I scoot up so that I can take it off. He pulls out and helps me take it off. I lay back down and he kisses my breasts and licks my nipples as he thrusts himself back into me. I let out a loud moan, he shushes me again. He asks me to get on top. I oblige. I lower myself on to him. He watches me as I begin going up and down. As I'm riding him he sits up to kiss me. He lays back down and grabs me by my waist to help me pick up my pace. I keep it steady at a pace that's good for the both of us. After a few minutes I hear him groan. He flips us so that he's on top again. He immediately starts out fast. "Fuck." He groans. He slows down and thrusts himself deep into me and come as he does. We're both sweaty and breathing hard.
He gets up and finds the trash can by the door and throws the used condom away. I get up to use the bathroom. When I come out Blake is laying down. He lifts the blankets for me as I get in the bed. He pulls me close and we cuddle chest to chest. "Thanks for listening to me talk about my problems." He lets out a soft laugh. "It's fine. If ever you need a listening ear, I'm here." I reply. "Thanks. You really did make everything better for me. Felt like shit all day. I wish I would've came sooner but I had practice and the boys wanted to hang out." He tells me as he interlaces his fingers with mine. "Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I'll text next time. I just didn't want to bother you." I admit. "Text whenever. I want you to bother me." He looks at me and smiles. We kiss. I rest my head back down on his bicep. He kisses me on my forehead. Soon enough we drift off to sleep.