Chapter 40

I impatiently wait in rush hour traffic. Even though I have no clue as to who this person is I'm definitely anxious to find out. Jaxon never mentioned a sibling to me. All he ever talked about was his wife and kid really. What does this person want with me?

I take a nap as soon as I get home. This pregnancy has me tired. "Aaliyah, that guy is back." Desi wakes me. "I'm tired." I complain. "So, what? Do you want me to tell him to leave?" She asks. "No, I'm up." I get up. I put on my black hoodie and some sweats and head downstairs. Desi points to the door. I open it and there he is. A total Jaxon look alike. If he were still alive and us three were in the same room I wouldn't know who was who. "Hello.. Aaliyah, right?" He reaches out and shakes my hand. I still can't believe this. I stare at him a bit longer before finally snapping out of it. "I-I'm sorry you just look like--" he cuts me off. "Jaxon. I know. Thats what happens when you're an identical twin." He laughs. "I'm sorry, I'm Justin." He looks at me. "Is this overwhelming to you?" He asks. I don't even realize I'm crying. "Oh. No, no. I'm sorry. I just thought I'd never see this face again. And I'm pregnant.. Hormones are acting up." I laugh as I wipe my face. "It's okay. Totally understand. I was wondering if you'd want to get a bite to eat? Just to talk." He asks. "Um, yeah, sure. Let me get my things really quick." I tell him. He nods. After I grab my things we leave.

"What brings me here is.. Uh, I know you're in touch with Jaxon's wife, she's the one who sent me. She told me you and Jaxon were friends and you were there when he passed. I just wanted to say thank you. You know, for being there for him in his final hours. It must've been hard, from just seeing someone everyday to them being gone."

"It was pretty hard, yeah. But I can only imagine how it must be for you, I mean, you're his twin."

"When I found out, I didn't want to believe it. I lost my other half, you know? Life's never going to be the same. To be honest, it was hard for me to come here actually. It took me awhile to finally come. And I'm glad I did. I have some type of closure now. You weren't at the funeral were you?"

"No, I was in the hospital at the time. I wish I could have made it though. But I visited his gravesite."

"I thought so. I would have noticed you."

"Yeah." I laugh. Not sure what to say.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you're really beautiful. You could catch anyone's eye.."

"Thanks." I smile. "Are you married? Do you have a any kids?" I ask.

"No. That was Jaxon's dream. To have a family. Mine is just to live life. I'm in no rush." He smiles.

"I used to say the exact same thing." What a coincidence. We spend the rest of our dinner talking and laughing. He reminds me so much of Jaxon, same humor and everything. At the same time they're so different. After dinner he drives me home. Out of no where his car stalls."oh, no. What happened?" I ask. "Fuck, I forgot to put gas in." He tells me. "There's a gas station a few blocks from here."

"Okay. I think I have a gas can in the trunk." We get off and he grabs the gas can. We walk to the store. "So, who is the lucky guy?" He asks.

"I'd rather not say. It doesn't matter. We're not together anymore."

"Did you love him?"

"Yes."

"Did he love you?"

"Yes."

"Then why did it end?"

"Because love and compatibility are not always the same thing."

He nods. "I see."

"What about you? You don't have any one?" I ask.

"No. Not at the moment. But I'm looking." He smiles. "So, if you know anyone..." He winks. I can't help but to smile. This motherfucker is smooth.