Part 29

Harry's at work, scooted away from his desk so he can lean his chin on it. He's watching the office, waiting for inspiration to hit him. It's not helping; he's too restless, thinking about the time he spent with Zayn this weekend and how he just wants to see him again. Nothing else seems to really matter, he just wants the day to move on already.

''Harold! What's up with you?'' Niall stands in front of him, blocking his view of everyone.

''Hmpf.''

''What's that?'' He snatches the cartoon from under Harry's nose and looks at it. ''This doesn't look finished.''

Harry rolls his eyes. ''That's because it isn't finished.''

''Ah.'' He puts it back down and looks at him. ''Then why aren't you drawing?''

''Can't.'' Harry sighs deeply.

''Of course you can, you're brilliant!''

Harry sits up and scoots forward so he can rest his elbows on his desk. ''Thanks, but that's not it. Just don't have the inspiration.''

Niall shrugs. ''Can't help you with that.'' He sits down on the desk. ''Are you happy?''

''Yes. Why are you asking?'' Harry doesn't know if he should be suspicious.

''Just making sure.'' He takes a look at the drawing again. ''Maybe just start over with something new. This obviously isn't working for you.''

''Yeah, maybe.'' He rubs his eyes tiredly. ''I'll think of something.''

''I won't keep you then.'' Niall slides off the desk, knocking off some pencils. He mutters an apology and carefully places them back. ''Oh and you know about Saturday, right? The concert?''

''I'll be there.'' Harry inspects his pencils, glad to see there's no damage.

''Good, good. Or else I'd steal your pencils.''

''You suck at making threats.''

''You suck at being nice.''

Harry laughs. ''Ouch!''

''See you, Harold.'' Niall quickly walks off before he can make a retort, waving his hand in the air without looking back. Harry rolls his eyes, something he seems to do a lot around Niall. Since his mind seems reluctant to come up with anything for his cartoon, he decides to check his email. There's some spam, adverts, and-

Gemma replied. He feels feverish all of a sudden, because what if she replied just to tell him she made a mistake? That she shouldn't have reached out and wants to break off their contact? He can't possibly know what to expect because he doesn't know her at all, not anymore. It's a weird feeling, trying to get to know your own sister. Maybe he should just open the email and get it over with.

Dear Harry,

I'm doing great, thanks for asking, and my husband is very good to me. We've only been married a few months but I've never been happier. How about you? Do you have a special someone?

Yes, we're both getting old! Your job does sound lame. I've just been dabbling in things myself, I'm not sure what I'd like to do yet. I do still live in England. The weather really is as bad as they say.

Gemma

ps. We've been thinking about getting a dog. What do you think?

It's like a massive weight has been lifted off his shoulders. Everything is well. There's nothing to worry about. Gemma still seems to be interested, which is a huge comfort.

Now all he has to worry about is this cursed cartoon.

Sorry about the short chapter! Next one will be up on Friday :)

Until then xxx <3