24-For Her

Ethan's POV
  "Have you heard anything from Rylee since she left," Mrs. Conners ask me in a hopeful tone. "I'm sorry I haven't, and honestly I am probably the last person that's she would call after what I did to Alex," I tell her feeling sorry for her. "I just want to know that my baby is ok and that the boys hasn't hurt her," she says as a tear falls down her cheek. "I know you do and I will continue to do everything I can to find her," I assure her as I giver her a quick hug. "I'm glad we chose you to marry our daughter, no matter what has happened I know that you love her and that she loves you," she say kindly to me.

  After leaving their house I decide to go to the office not only to get some work done but also to see if the investigator my dad hired as found anything. "Dad can I talk to you?" I ask as I walk into his office. "Yes son, what is it?" He ask me as he turns from the computer giving his full attention to me. "Is there any news on Rylee," I ask having hope that there is at lease a hint of evidence that she is alive and safe. "There was a spotting of her about three towns over near where she attended school," he starts saying and I immediately start to head out of his office to go see if I can find her. "Son," my dad call out to me. "I have to go look for her dad," I say begging him not to stop me. "I know but you should know she was spotted buying a pregnancy test," he say calmly the words making my heart drop. "Even if she is having his baby, dad I have to see that she is safe and that he isn't going to hurt her," I say not really knowing what I will do once I'm there. "Just be careful and protect your heart son don't let her hurt you anymore then she has," he say trying to reason with me. With that I continue out of the office and begin making my way to where she was last seen.

  Several hours later I was at the pharmacy where she was last seen. I pull out a picture of her from my wallet and begin showing everyone asking if they had seen her. "The girl your asking about does she know your looking for her?" One woman asked me. "No, but it's very important I find her she could be in danger. Please if you know anything you have to tell me." I beg with desperation in my voice. "She is my neighbor, the poor girl is just down right mistreated by that boyfriend of hers," she say sympathetically. "So he has been putting his hands on her again," I ask getting angry at the thought of him putting his hands on her especially now that she is carrying his baby. "You can follow me there if you would like to," she say kindly and I quickly agree.

  As I pull into the driveway behind her I begin to feel my heart race at the thought of having her in my arms again even if I can't have her anymore. "She lives just across the street and the boyfriend should be at work, but he will be home around three," he tell me before leaving me to do what I came for. As I walk to the front door and knock I begin to go over in my mind what I will say to her. After several minutes with no answer I knock again this time the door came ajar just a little. I look inside to see that the place was empty which sent a jolt of panic through my body. "They must have detected we were close." a man say from behind me. I turn around to see the detective named Mike that my dad had hired behind me. "What are we going to do now? We have to find her." I say hoping he would have an answer. "I don't think they could have gotten far so I will get my police friend to put out an APV on her and list her as a missing person," he say before pulling out his phone begging to dial a number. "Thanks so much," I say to him before stepping inside the house to see if I could get a hint into where the could have went.

  I had given up and was about to walk out of the house when I spot a piece of paper sticking out the corner or a draw. I open the draw to remove the paper and then I see a pregnancy test laying inside as I begin to read the note I immediately begin to feel tears forming in my eyes. "If your reading this then I know that you have gotten close to finding me, I wish I could tell you in person that I'm going to have your baby but the chances of me seeing you again are small. I'm so sorry I didn't choose to go with you instead of with Alex I know now I have to live with the consequences. I love you always and forever Rylee."

  After leaving the house where Rylee used to be the investigator and I decided to head out to the next town over to see if anyone had seen her and Alex pass through. "What's that?" Mike ask pointing the the letter in my hand. "It's a letter Rylee left she is hoping I would be looking for her so she left it behind," I say trying to remain calm and hid the worry in my voice. "What's it say, does it give any hint as to where they are going?" he ask wanting the details from the letter. "No but we have to find her soon, she is carrying my baby," I say no longer able to hid the worry in my voice. "We will find her sooner or later he will slip up and someone will see them, and now that she is listed as a missing person we are sure to get a call soon," he say in a reassuring tone. "I sure hope your right because I don't think my life can resume until she is in my arms again and both her and our baby are safe," I say to him honestly. "I will continue to look until she is found I can promise you that, because if anything where to happen to my wife and kids I would want anyone giving up either." he say letting me know the case is in good hands with him. "Thanks that means alot," I say before turning my attention to the letter in my hand and begin reading it for the fifth time since we left wanting to savor every word she wrote as if it they where her last.

Vote Please!!!