18- Going Away

Rylee POV
I have official finished packing and now ready to begin loading everything into my car. It's hard to believe I'm eighteen, summer is over and I am headed to college. "Are you talking all this stuff with you?" Ethan ask me as he begin to pick up boxes. "Yes I just don't want to forget nothing," I say as I try to think of anything else I may need. "Well I will be coming down almost every weekend so I can bring whatever you need," he tells me before making his way out of the room with a couple boxes. I grab a box and follow him out to the car. "You know it's still not to late I can always just switch to a school close by so I can live here," I say filling bad about leaving him. "No it's ok, you deserve to go to whatever school you want," he say after places the boxes in my trunk. "I'm just really going to miss you," I say as tears fill my eyes. "Your only a few hours away, it's not like we can't see each other anytime we want all we have to do is get in a car and drive," he say pulling me into a hug to comfort me. "I love you," he say before quickly placing a kiss on my lips. "I love you too," I say once he broke our kiss.

After finishing putting everything in my car, I left and made my way to Ole Miss where I would be attending college for the next four years. As I pull into the school parking lot near where my dorm would be I see Camron and Skyler getting out of there cars too. "Oh my gosh you finally made it we are almost done unpacking our cars then we will help you with yours," Camron squeals in excitement. "Ethan paid the school to allow me, Skyler, and Camron to live in a house on campus instead of dorms. I told him he didn't have to do all that but he insisted and said it would be good to have when he visits. "We are going to have so much freedom living by ourselves," Carmon say as we take my things from the car and into the house. "Yeah but we are going to be so busy with classes that we are not going to have much time to do fun things," I say hating to burst her bubble. "Rylee your no fun, we will make time to do stuff fun," Skyler say agreeing with Camron on the whole fun and freedom thing.

After unpacking our things we all decide to go explore around campus. It was not long until we all went our separate ways and I found myself walking into the school park. As I walked through the park I couldn't help but miss Ethan and wish he was here. "Rylee I didn't realize you were going to be going to school here," someone says as they come up behind me and I turn around to face Alex. "I have been planing on coming here for years," I say honestly. "I know, but I figured you wouldn't leave Ethan." he say with a shrug of his shoulders. "Yeah, I honestly hated leaving but he insisted that I come here to school." I say sadly. "I'm sure you two will get through this long distance thing, because trust me I know first hand how much he loves you," he says trying to make me feel better. "Thanks, I needed to hear that," I say before giving him a quick hug. "So are you going to the campus party tonight?" he ask as we both begin to walk back towards the school. "Maybe I'm sure Camron and Skyler will want to and I will probably just get talked into going whether I want to or not," I say knowing that they wouldn't let me say no to the party. "Well I'll be there to help keep you company since I can't drink anymore," he says catching me off guard since he always drinks. "I don't understand you always drink at parties," I say in a questioning tone. "Yeah but my dad sent me to rehab over the summer after I confessed everything I did," he say referring to the night he raped me. "I'm glad you got help," I say sincerely. "Thanks, that means a lot coming from you." he say just as we make it back to housing. "Well I better go in and get some rest if I'm going to be dragged to the party tonight," I say before turning to walk into the house. "Ok I guess I will see you tonight then," he says waving goodbye as he begins to walk towards his dorm.

Authors Note:
So what do y'all think will change in Rylee and Ethan's life in 2 years? Keep reading to find out because I will be doing a 2yr time jump in the next chapter.