8- To Being Friends

Rylee POV
It's been two days since I went out with Alex and I'm am still nervous about going back to school. "Rylee are you sure your ready to go back to school?" Ethan asked me with concern. "I have to go I have only been in school for a week and I have already missed two days of it." I say as I sit down to eat breakfast. "Well if you need me all you have to do is call me, and I will make sure to keep my phone on me. I have to go in to work today my dad is on me about missing work for the last two days." he says shrugging his shoulders. "I told you I would have been fine here alone," I say giggling at him. "Oh you think it's funny that I get yelled at by my dad?" He says coming around to my side of the bar. "I do actually because even though your a grown man your daddy still bosses you around," I say trying to hold back my laughter as he gets closer to me. "Well let's see if we can change your mind about that," he says as he picks me up over his shoulder and throws me down on the couch. "I will give you one more chance to change your mind," he says as he holds his hands ready to tickle me. I shake my head no and he starts tickling me causing me to laugh and squirm uncontrollably.

"Okay Okay..." I say breathless from all the laughter. "Say your sorry," he says as he continues to tickle me. "I'm sorry....I'm sorry," I say begging for him to stop. "Good now maybe you will think twice about making fun of me," he say getting up and giving me his hand to help me back on my feet. "Thanks, now you can have the pleasure of driving me to school since my parent have official taken my car back and you made me miss the bus." I say in a serous tone as I grab my backpack and head for the door. "Ok, just let me grab my keys and I will drop you off." he says as he runs off to his room.

As we pull up to the school I see Skyler and Camron standing outside near the door, so I quickly get out of the car and begin making my way to them. "Rylee" I hear Ethan call out to me. As I turn around I see him standing against his car holding my cheer bag. "Don't you have practice after school today?" He asked me as I walk back over to him. "Yes I do I'm glad you thought about it because I had forgotten I put it in your car," I say taking the bag from his hand. "Thanks!"I say giving him a quick hug. Just as I was about to make my way to the school Alex begins making his way towards me and I freeze in fear. "Rylee what wrong?" Ethan as as he stops in front of me. I look up to him and then to Alex. I could feel Ethan's tense up with anger as he begins to realize what caused my frozen state. "Thats the guy that put his hands on you isn't it?" He asked putting his hands on my shoulders. I shake my head yes and Ethan let's go of me and angrily storms over to Alex with his fist balled up ready to hit him. I break out of my frozen state just as Ethan's fist made contact with Alex face. "Ethan stop," I scream as he continues to hit Alex repeatedly. "How dare you put your hands on a girl, do you realize you could have killed her by making her drink whatever the crap it was, she was close to having alcohol poison you idiot. She has never drank anything before and it doesn't take much before it becomes to much." He yells at him as he continues to hit him. I grab Ethan's fist to keep him from hitting him again and as Ethan looks at me his expression softens and he lets go of Alex who drops to the ground. "Ethan you have to go I'm sure someone has already called the cops," I say practically dragging him to the car. "Rylee I'm sorry if I embarrassed you, but I'm not sorry I hit him he deserves it." he say placing his hand on my cheek trying to comfort me. "I know and I will talk to you about it later but you have to go," I say as I hear police sirens. "Ok," he say quickly kissing me forehead before getting into his car and leaving the school.

As I make it back to the front of the school Camron and Skyler were standing over Alex and where giving me a confused look as Justin came up to me. "Are you ok?" Justin asked with concern because he is the only one who knows what happened the other night. "I'm fine I just need to talk to Alex alone and convince him not to press charges on Ethan," I say giving him a pleading look. "Ok I'll get the girls and give you a few minutes alone with him, but if he tries anything you don't hesitate to come get me," he say before walk over to the girls and getting them to talk to him a few feet away from Alex.