2- The Engagement (part 2)

Ethan POV

My name is Ethan James I'm twenty-two and I come from a very wealthy family which allows me to do whatever the heck I want. I have never been one to settle down with one person, because I can have any girl I want.

"Dude Ethan we have to go to this killer party tonight I heard the guy that's throwing it is going to have strippers coming in," Jace said getting excited. "Sounds cool we can go, but you seriously need to calm down" I tell him. I honestly doesn't know why I still hang with Jace because he gets on my nerves half the time, I guess it's because we have been friends since high school.

After getting dressed Jace and I headed to the party which was already in full swing. I walk in the door an people instantly recognize me and start handing me drinks. "Hey baby remember me?" a hot blond girl ask as runs her hands down my chest. "I don't but you can always refresh my memory," I say sexily as I grab her arm and pull her to me. "Well I may just have to do that," she whispers into my ear then turns and struts out of the room. I drink down my liquor and grab another cup full then I begin to make my way to find a girl to have some fun with.

After several drinks I could feel myself loosening up and by this time I had my eyes set on a girl in the back of the room who seemed to be different then the rest and I was determined to have my way with her. I slowly begin to make my way to her and I watch as her eyes lock with mine. "Do you have a name?" I ask her once I was close enough for her to hear. "Yeah I'm Andrea, and I already know who you are." She says with a slight smile. "Oh and how is that?" I ask her curiously wanting to know what all she had heard about me. "Yeah your name is Ethan James, your dad is one of the riches men around, and I have heard a few other things to," she says stepping closer to me. "I hope all good things," I say before claiming her lips in mine. As things started to heat up I pulled away from her and begin leading her to my car. "Where are you taking me?" He asked as we made it to my car. "My place so we can have some privacy," I tell her before claiming her lips with mine. "Ok," she says breathless before getting into my car.

I don't know how long I had been sleeping for but I was woken up to someone beating on my door. I get up carefully not to wake Andrea and head out the room to answer the door. "Dad what the heck are you doing here," I ask him once I seen it was him at the door. "I'm tired of your crap, you party every night, sleep all day, then expect me to just keep paying for all your crap." Dad yell at me. "So what you going to do cut me off?" I say rolling my eyes and laughing. "I can promise it's not funny you are almost twenty-three years old it is time for you to settle down and get a job," Dad say to me seriously. "Oh and let me guess you going to make me settle down," I say still not believing him. "Yes I am you will start work with me at the office beginning Monday and you are also going to marry the Conners girl," he say proving his point. "I am not marrying anyone especially not a kid, I mean how old is she anyway fourteen?" I say staring to get angry. "No she is actually seventeen, plenty old enough to get married and I believe you two could learn to love each other over time," he say as if trying to convince me it's a good thing. "You will marry her and start working for me or I will have paper drawn up so that you will loose everything you have now and everything you would be getting when you turn twenty-five," he say angrily. "You are to meet me at the Conners house tonight at five or I will cut you off tonight, just try me," he say angrily as he storms back out of my apartment. 

I was standing at the bottom of the stairs with my dad and Mr. Conners when his daughter came into the room. I watch her as she comes down the stairs and I can't help but notice how beautiful she was. "No Ethan snap out of it she is a child and there is no way we are making you dad happy by you falling for her," I tell myself as I quit staring at her. My dad stood talking with her for several minutes before pulling her to me. as he pulls me so that I am now in front of his son. "Rylee this is Ethan, Ethan this is Rylee" my dad say introducing us before leaving us both standing their alone as they begin to make their way to her dads office.

"So my dad and you dad are pretty close huh?" She ask him trying to make conversation. "Yeah but if you think that I have to like this arrangement, your crazy," I says as I feel the anger begin to surface. "What are you talking about?" She ask as if she wasn't in on this whole marriage arrangement. "Oh come on don't play dumb, I know you know they are planning on marrying us off," I say stepping closer to her hoping to put fear of me in her. "I overheard something about marrying me off earlier but neither of my parents have told me anything, so maybe they want make me do anything," She say trying to sound all innocent but I wasn't going to fall for it. "Yeah right my dad already said it was a done deal but I will not have a child as my wife,"I say causing her to flinch from my anger which made me want to scare her more. "Your scared of me aren't you," I says as he stepping closer to her and with ever step I took she took one backwards trying to get away from me. "I don't know what your talking about, you don't scare me." she say trying to sound strong but I could see right through it. As her back hits the wall I know I have her were I want her and I could see a glimpse of fear towards me in her eyes.  "Don't lie to me I know your scared I can see it in your eyes, and if you know what's best for you then you will stay scared of me because if I have to marry you then your going to have to deal with me for the rest of you life," I says with as much anger as I could and she looked as if she was going to die under my gaze. As I stood over her I could see that she was frozen in fear.

I continued to stand staring down at her  I  begin to want her. I guess from trying so hard not to have desires for her that my walls begin to break down a small bit. The door to her dads offices open causing me to jump back from her and I watch as she runs off down the hall and every bone in my body was telling me to go after her but I refuse to give in. "So son did you have a nice talk with Rylee," my dad asked me once he noticed I was just outside the door. "I guess you could say that," I say with a small grin. "Good I'm glad to hear that because we have set a day for you both to marry, now we have to just tell Rylee and you both at dinner," my dad informs me. "Whatever!" I say as I follow them to the dinning room and sit at the table.

We had all been sitting at the table for several minutes and still no sign of Rylee. "Ethan will you go upstairs and tell Rylee to come down, her room is the first one on the right," Mrs. Conners ask me politely. Not wanting to cause any drama in front of my dad I get up from the table and make my way up the stairs. As I make it to her room I hear crying coming from the other side of the door. "Rylee you mom said for you to tell you supper is ready," I say as I knock on her door lightly. "Just go away I'll be down soon," she says in a low hoarse voice. Shrugging my shoulders I turn from her door and make my way back downstairs.

Seconds after I made it back to the table Rylee also took her seat at the table which happen to be across the table from me. "So we would like to tell you we have decided that you two are to be married this Friday just in time for spring break," Mr. Carson says as he places a hand on Rylee's shoulder. "Dad please don't make me do this, I will give up whatever I have to just don't make me marry him," Rylee says pleading with her father. "I'm sorry but there isn't any other choice we have to get you out of that school your in and we just can't afford to put you in private school on our own plus I think the marriage will be good for both you and Ethan," her dad tell he not giving in to her plea. "Now there will be no more arguing about the marriage, let's eat dinner and you two can get to know each other a little better," he dad tells her as he mom brings the food to the table.

Picture of Ethan on this chapter.