Stolen Speed

"Good day, Dr.Wells." 

"One can always hope, Gideon. Bring up my log, would you?" 

"Certainly."

"New entry. It has now been 311 days since lightning struck. Subject has begun relying on his speed in everyday life, using his extraordinary powers to solve ordinary problems" 

"And accomplish ordinary tasks. Unfortunately, his penchant for the heroic persists." 

"And while his desire to help others is commendable, it is impeding him from realising the full scope of his abilities. But there's still time, as the future remains intact." 

--- 

Barry couldn't help but think about the kiss between him and Kyra. But what upset him the most is how she just dismissed him. 

"Where's Barry? He's late." Caitlin scolded walking through the Cortex. 

"Late is kind of his signature move."  Cisco sassed back spinning in his chair. 

"Hey, you guys want to see my signature move? Sorry, guys, I got a little held up. You had to be there." Barry said running in. Dr Wells simply looked and him and shook his head. 

"I'm gonna need a moment or two alone with Barry." He said ushering Barry outside. 

"Ooh, you're in trouble." Cisco sang happily with Caitlin giving him a dirty look. 

"Now, may I remind you, Mr.Allen, we had an agreement. We would help with your heroics out there while you would help us research and develop your abilities in here, right?"

"Yeah. No, I know." 

"I guess I've just gotten a little caught up with being able to help people, you know, put bad guys away. It feels good." He said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. 

"Good." Dr Wells stated as they both went back into the Cortex. 

"No Kyra today?" Cisco asked in a sad disappointed tone. 

"No, she said she's working today." He said looking very disappointing. Cisco looked at him curiously trying to read this mind. 

"What?" Barry asked. 

"Did something happen between you guys?" He asked suspiciously. Barry's face flushed a dark shade of red. He opened his mouth but no words came out. 

"There was a homicide. I'm sorry. I've got to go." He was literally saved by the bell. 

"This is not just about you. Remember that, Barry." Dr Wells shouted as Barry sped into his suit and left. 

---

"Hope you both skipped your breakfast." Detective West said referring to the gruesome crime scene in-front them 

"Whoa." Was all Barry could say. He turned around to observe the whole area. 

"What the hell could do that? This area's filled with combustibles." Joe said, while writing notes on his note pad. 

"How come nothing else burned up?" Eddie added in. Barry saw a raised platform and quickly jumped up to get a birds eye view of the entire scene. 

"Where you going?" Joe questioned. 

"You see the soot on the ground where the cement is burnt?"

"Yeah."

"That's evidence of arc blasts. Happens when high-amperage currents travel or arc through the air. There's no live wires. There's no utility poles." Barry explained. 

"So how was this guy electrocuted? Well, the first thing we need to do is ID him." Joe said moving around the body of a completely charcoaled man. 

"His face is melted off. How's that picture gonna help ID him? 

"I got mad skills." Joe raised an eyebrow towards Barry. 

"Please don't ever say that again." He pleaded. 

"All right." 

"Hey, are you okay?" Joe asked. He could see Barry was a little distracted. He was right. All Barry could think about was the kiss. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" he said coming out of this thoughts. 

"I don't know. You seem a little off."

"No, I'm fine." He snapped. 

"All right.

"Facial recognition software it's designed for archeologists, and it should help us ID your crispy corpse. The question is, how did he get fried in the first place?"

"Is there a meta-human out there that can control electricity?" 

"It'd take a serious electrostatic discharge to cause that level of tissue damage."

"Guys, according to the software, there's an 82% chance your victim looked like this." Joe gave him an are you serious look. 

"Hey, it was zero when you walked in here." Barry defended putting his hands up in surrender. 

"Can you cross-reference that with the DMV database, maybe get a name?" Eddie asked walking back to the pair. 

"Absolutely. This software can do just about anything now that Felicity reprogrammed it." 

"Casey Donahue." Barry read off the computer. 

"No wife. No kids." Joe read. Eddie moved closer towards the screen, squinting as he read more of the text. 

"And look who he worked for." He said pointing at the screen. 

Queen Empire

--- 

Kyra sat the head of the board table typing in notes and references into her computer when she heard the breaking of glass. She stood up and exited the room leaving the other board members in the conference room. 

"Miss Queen!" Shouted a man who was sucking up electricity through his body. Her faced drained of colour. 

"Do I know you?" She asked. He laughed. 

"No. But you do know the electricity plant." Her eyes widened. 

"Ok I know people needed money but I had to close it due to damage." She said backing into her office towards the security button under her desk. 

"Don't even think about it!" He shouted shouting lightning bolts towards her. She skilfully tucked and rolled towards her gun in the draw in her office but was stopped by the man. Her only option left was out the window. 

She went through the window landing safely on the level below. Reaching for her phone as she ran towards the stair case.

"Hello?"

"Barry listen. There's a crazy guy sucking up electricity" She said through what breathe she had left while sprinting down the stairs towards the car park. 

"Ok where are you now?"

"Running for my car." 

"Drive to Star Labs."

Kyra arrived and ran into the lab. She removed her stilettos and stormed into the Cortex. 

"Ok who the hell is this guy!?" 

She looked around to see Barry sitting on a medical bed. He stood up and removed the wires from his nicely toned chest. 

"He's the one who stole me speed."