Chapter 14~ Cartoons and Reality

"It's nice that you invited Cisco and Caitlin."

"Yeah there cool"

"They saved your life Barry, they're the coolest people ever." Iris exclaimed

Currently Barry was fifth-wheeling it up with Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and Eddie at a bar, playing darts. 

"It's nice that you guys became friends. To friends, old and new." They raised there glasses in a toast.

"Ooh. I'm up. Wish me luck!" She said promptly putting down her drink and jogged over to Eddie.

"I'm going to destroy you."

"Don't get cocky, West." Eddie said with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Sorry I'm late guys. My CFO would not stop talking." Kyra entered the room, Iris went over a hugged her same with Caitlin. Iris walked over back to Eddie and Kyra sat with Cisco, Caitlin and Barry.

"It's fine. We are just glad you could come." Caitlin exclaimed, happy not to be the only girl apart of Team Flash anymore.

"I need a drink." She ordered a whiskey from the bartender and sipped it slowly sighing in relief.

"Guys? I have a problem." Barry said quite seriously looking at the empty shot glass.

"We all do when guys like him exist." Cisco said looking over at Eddie in complete envy.

"Yeah, he's so hot." Everyone turned to Caitlin with an extremely shocked expression on their faces.

"Uh, I mean, genetically speaking. Because I'm a geneticist, of course. Oh, my God, do I sound like Felicity?" She said trailing off into thought.

"Not my type." Kyra said.

"Really. And why is that?" Cisco asked.

"Too cocky."

"Says the girl who has her name on EVERYTHING." He replied. Kyra shrugged and went back to her drink. Barry smiled slightly, he was relieved.

"Ok that's an exaggeration on the size of my ego" She said. Everyone laughed.

"Ok no, I'm talking about this." Barry downed seven shots using his speed.

"I can't feel anything."

"Yeah, that's usually what happens when you drink too much." Cisco said stating the obvious.

"No the alcohol isn't affecting me! I mean I literally can't feel anything."

"It's your hyper-metabolism. I need a sample." Caitlin said pulling out a blood kit from her purse.

"You have blood in your purse?!" Kyra stated quite confused yet intrigued.

"You have your hobbies." Caitlin sassed back.

"I'm only 25, and my drinking days are already over." Barry said sadly.

"Barry, it's fine. Don't be so dramatic" Kyra said into his ear, sending chills down his spine. The touch of her breath made him feel warm and tingly.

Eddie and Iris walked back over.

"There was a bombing on 8th and Pass."

"I gotta go babe." Eddie said, kissing Iris on the cheek before leaving the group.

"I've got an early shift at jitters. Barry, we'll catch up tomorrow." Iris said as she jogged past the group heading towards the door.

"Guys, there's a window washer, and he's going to fall." Cisco exclaimed looking at the alert on his phone. Barry super sped out of the bar, changed into his Flash suit and headed to where Cisco directed his too.

"Don't try and catch him! You don't have super strength!" Cisco yelled into the phone.

"Well, is there, like, a bed store near here? What if I get a bunch of mattresses and stack them?"

"This isn't a roadrunner cartoon!" Kyra replied

The window washer cried out for help as the team came together to try and figure out a way to save him.

"How fast would I need to go to run up the side of a building?"

"How far up do you need to go?" Caitlin asked.

"50 meters, give or take. Guys, hurry!"

"Just run really fast and you'll be fine." Caitlin said.

"But you need to maintain your velocity on the way down or-

"splat." Kyra finished Cisco's sentence.

Barry looked up at the window washer, he scaled out the building. Stepping back and taking a deep breath in, he sped up the building and brought the man down to safety, just as his platform yell to from a death defying height.

"It's done, he's alright." The team sighed in relief.

This tallish guy with blonde hair and a muscular build came up to the group. He made a beeline for Kyra.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He said with a smug smile on his face.

"Nothing of your concern." She said sharply. He came closer to her and bent down to her.

"Make it my concern." He whispered. An devilish smirk formed on Kyra's face. She slipped her address into the guys hand.

"Meet me in 30 minutes." She whispered back.

"What was that about?" Caitlin asked.

"Nothing. Just had to put him in his place."

'Right..." Cisco said with a smug grin.

Barry arrived back to the group but Kyra was nowhere to be found.

"Where did Kyra go?" Barry said looking around the bar.

"Um. Some guy came up and started talking to her and then he left. So I'm guessing she went home." Cisco said.

Barry's eyes lowered to the ground in disappointment and nodded. He left the bar and ran over to Kyra's mansion.

Emotions swarmed his mind and his heart shattered, when he saw something he really wished wasn't true.

Thanks for all the votes and reads! It means a lot to me! xxx